Coker counts against this 2014 class?

drsmithofga

1st Team
Dec 7, 2004
I thought he only counted against the 85 but not the 25. Apparently it is begin reported that the University is putting this out.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
no, he does not....just announcing the transfer as he is "technically" a part of this class just like Pettway....but neither count against the 25

BamaGal99

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2011
I was watching the stream on Rolltide.com and they said that they were putting his name on the big board even though he will not sign an LOI today, but he would count towards this class. Not sure why he would count...confused me.

drsmithofga

1st Team
Dec 7, 2004
no, he does not....just announcing the transfer as he is "technically" a part of this class just like Pettway....but neither count against the 25
That's what I thought, but AL.com is reporting that the University is telling them (Bama beat writers) that he will count against the 25. I expect a correction from them.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
That's what I thought, but AL.com is reporting that the University is telling them (Bama beat writers) that he will count against the 25. I expect a correction from them.
well, maybe we are saying that in response to not getting Evans....so that "spot" is used and we consider him as a part of this class.....would be a good PR move if we do know Evans to AU.

drsmithofga

1st Team
Dec 7, 2004
well, maybe we are saying that in response to not getting Evans....so that "spot" is used and we consider him as a part of this class.....would be a good PR move if we do know Evans to AU.
But if that's the case then we cannot back count for the 2015 class, right?

Edit: Wait. PR move. Gotcha.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
But if that's the case then we cannot back count for the 2015 class, right?
Coker doesn't count against the 25 because he transfered from another 4 year school....we may just say he is for good PR. Pettway doesn't because he already played for Bama and came back to the same institution.

Ty Flournoy-Smith played at UGA but left to a JUCO and signed with a different institution...so he has to count.

If we use all 25, but have a couple of non-quals, we can use those spots to backcount in 2015.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.