Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Elisha Shaw commits to Bama, will not sign LOI, but join program in some capacity

due to neck injury, his career is probably over. But, our staff honored a scholarship and stayed in contact the entire time.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Elisha Shaw commits to Bama, will not sign LOI, but join program in some capacity

BOL says Shaw says the Bama staff is the only one that stayed with him after his injury.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team AmeliaGayle's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Re: Elisha Shaw commits to Bama, will not sign LOI, but join program in some capacity

I'm proud of our staff for sticking by this young man. All the best to him.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    BOL says Shaw says the Bama staff is the only one that stayed with him after his injury.
    False. Not possible. Saban runs off injured players and falsely claims players that are healthy are injured to free up scholarships.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

BamaNation Second Team

This is my favorite "sign" of the year. Hats of to the University and the coaches for honoring the commitment we made to him .

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

‏@TimWatts_BOL A source close to Elisha Shaw told me a few weeks ago only Nick Saban and Tide staff stood by Shaw after injury.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I've seen some question this on twitter - how can he start off at Bama on a medical scholarship with the possibility of playing? Can the UA medical staff clear him after he goes on medical scholly?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I've seen some question this on twitter - how can he start off at Bama on a medical scholarship with the possibility of playing? Can the UA medical staff clear him after he goes on medical scholly?
    I don't think there is a possibility of playing honestly.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

not sure I have the right answer, if he's not signing an LOI, we may avoid certain rules....

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    not sure I have the right answer, if he's not signing an LOI, we may avoid certain rules....
    This. He won't count against the 25/85 limitations. Maybe he could come as a preferred walk-on and then be placed on medical hardship.

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    I don't think there is a possibility of playing honestly.
    What about if he played dishonestly?
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

Then he would have committed to Auburn
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    What about if he played dishonestly?

I hope this gets the national recognition it deserves.