CO High School says you can't Celebrate 'Merica, for fear of offending others

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
One day immigrants demand to be included and claim that they strive to be assimilated into the nation that's the greatest provider of economic opportunity in the world. Then, this.

On second thought, maybe it's the far left nitwits at the school that are all up in arms about not wanting to offend anybody.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
No, you know that wasn't it. They finally realized the majority were in favor of it. If it means you add the letter "A" to save some face, then spin it. In the end, these are liberals just being liberals.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Given that the American flag flies over the school and that the Pledge of Allegiance is said at the beginning of school, isn't "America Day" a tad redundant?
Only if one considers a pledge and a flag as the entirety of what it means to be a citizen of this republic.
Maybe young people ought to hear something about the good things this country has done. Lord knows they will hear enough about the bad things about the country later in school and later in life.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Times have changed since I was in school, in elementary school we did an "Independence Day" play, and I got the Uncle Sam part..I didn't say nothing & all I did was stand there..I loved it cause I didn't have to remember any lines of the play..LOL

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
Maybe it's just me, but when I hear the term "'Merica" it is usually because someone is doing something stupid.

Not exactly school friendly.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Nothing stupid about putting a MG on a scooter. A lot of engineering goes into that! Have you seen Sons of Guns?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
They force the kids to have a Cinco de Mayo celebration? Do they serve discounted Coronas in the lunch room as part of the festivities?

I ask because I've never heard of anyone observing that day other than going to a Mexican restaurant.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
They force the kids to have a Cinco de Mayo celebration? Do they serve discounted Coronas in the lunch room as part of the festivities?

I ask because I've never heard of anyone observing that day other than going to a Mexican restaurant.
Dude, great deals on Margaritas on Cinco de Mayo.

Seriously though, I don't think "force" is an accurate term. In school, Cinco de Mayo is an opportunity to wear crazy clothes and eat lots of candy (provided you bring your own these days of course) and even have a class "foreign food" party. We did Cinco de Mayo at my schools, and I haven't turned particularly Mexican.

What becomes a problem is when they build up these other cultures' holidays but ignore or run down traditional American holidays/events in American history. For example, when learning about the constitution, focusing on the 3/5ths compromise and many Founding Fathers owning slaves instead of the fact that America revolutionized (no pun intended) political thinking in the Western world towards liberty and "natural rights".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.