Question: Just for fun: pick your favorite player in this class and why

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Hard for me to go against Bo Scarbrough. For all of the grief he gets over his academics -- some of which is deserved -- I'm not sure we've had a better player recruiter in recent memory than he has been the past two years. He's been pretty instrumental for a lot of guys who ultimately signed with Alabama.

I look at him a lot like Burton Scott. Even if he never plays a down for UA, or never becomes a particularly good player, he's more than earned his keep in Tuscaloosa. He's made a very big impact on the recruiting trails, and there are some players on campus right now that would be playing their college football elsewhere were it not for Scarbrough.

Last edited:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
Elisha Shaw: if he ever does get on the field, it will create an instant classic story for an underdog overcoming unbelievable odds.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I've seen several vote for Ronnie Clark. Just a question about his commitment and signing yesterday.

A barner friend told me that he was close to flipping to the barn right at the last moment. He cited some tweets from Roc Thomas as proof RC was considering flipping.

Not that it matters now, but does anyone know if Clark had last minute doubt?

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
BTW, I'm going to vote for Cornwell simply because I love his attitude and I think he'll end up being a great leader and not too bad a player either!;)

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I've seen several vote for Ronnie Clark. Just a question about his commitment and signing yesterday.

A barner friend told me that he was close to flipping to the barn right at the last moment. He cited some tweets from Roc Thomas as proof RC was considering flipping.

Not that it matters now, but does anyone know if Clark had last minute doubt?
no, those tweets were not from Roc, but a troll....

Ronnie was actually tweeting Evans to come to Bama.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
James Mosley -- obviously a smart kid who comes as a walk on with great academics. Being CJ's brother shows he comes from a great family. He could have gone to other schools on a free ride but chose the Tide.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I have a few guys that I look forward to more than others, but I'll limit it to 3.

First is Cornwell. The kid is a beast, and I think he will have a clear path to the starter job by the end of his RS frosh yr. He is a true leader, great kid, and seems to be really intelligent. He's also already very passionate about the university and his teammates. I think he will be the next great quarterback at the capstone.

Secondly is Ronnie Clark. He sounds like the epitome of a classy and mature kid. He is just good quality person, and he has the potential to be a mainstay on our defense for several years. I am ecstatic to see how he and Jones take over our secondary after Collins is gone.

Lastly, How can you not go Evans? He's an Auburn kid, with an Auburn legacy, and has been considered an Auburn lean since the beginning. This may have been Saban and Smart's best recruiting job yet. He was a tough pull, but he may wind up being the most valuable player in this entire class. I can't wait to see this years linebacker class in action.

What a great time to be a Bama fan. We don't rebuild, we just reload. Here's to another great run of championships. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.