Question: Just for fun: pick your favorite player in this class and why

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Ever since he committed, Da'Shawn Hand has been my favorite player in this class. I love his business like approach to things and how he handled himself during his recruitment and did not make it a circus whatsoever. He took his time, made a decision, and stuck to it and never wavered. I also loved the fact that we got teased with the possibility of an elite once-in-a-generation type of pass rusher in our defense a few times in the past with Nkemdiche and Clowney and we finally got one. He also plays a position of need and a player type that we need going foward, whats not to love?

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
I've seen several vote for Ronnie Clark. Just a question about his commitment and signing yesterday.

A barner friend told me that he was close to flipping to the barn right at the last moment. He cited some tweets from Roc Thomas as proof RC was considering flipping.

Not that it matters now, but does anyone know if Clark had last minute doubt?
I have a friend who had to cover Ronnie Clark in practice when he was playing receiver. I asked him about it and as far as he knows he was 100% Bama the entire time.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Ever since he committed, Da'Shawn Hand has been my favorite player in this class. I love his business like approach to things and how he handled himself during his recruitment and did not make it a circus whatsoever. He took his time, made a decision, and stuck to it and never wavered. I also loved the fact that we got teased with the possibility of an elite once-in-a-generation type of pass rusher in our defense a few times in the past with Nkemdiche and Clowney and we finally got one. He also plays a position of need and a player type that we need going foward, whats not to love?
I agree. Das'hawn is going to be great on and off the field and he will represent Bama very well. Huge potential!

bamajag600

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2006
Hawaii
They aren't that small, they definitely are growing. You should have seen them about 5-10 years ago..now that was a small high school.
+1 for Ronnie Clark. I played for Calera 20+ years ago, and yes we were a small school, but we won a lot of games against the bigger teams we played.

From everything I've read Clark is as much a class act as he is talented. And he's the first player I know of from my hometown to play for Bama. Instant fan.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
J.C. Hassenauer - because how many kids from Minnesota come to Alabama to play football. For all I know, he may be the first and only. And we seem to do really well with these "initial" guys.

BamasTide

1st Team
Mar 30, 2009
Decatur, AL
BTW, I'm going to vote for Cornwell simply because I love his attitude and I think he'll end up being a great leader and not too bad a player either!;)
He gets my vote as well. Good attitude, great measurables, and will be coached by Lane Kiffin from day one. Like him or not his position coach is one of the best quarterback coaches in the college game.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Not sure if he qualifies, but my selection is Pettway. Yes, he's a JUCO transfer and was formerly dismissed from the university for nothing short of stupidity in his actions. I have chosen DJ because he realized just how much he had messed up, worked hard to meet Coach Saban's and the university's requirements, and will appreciate this second chance all the more.

Philippines

Scout Team
Feb 9, 2014
Birmingham, AL
Da'Shawn Hand;) . I am sick of the national game commentators bringing up our sack rankings. And he seems
to be a great kid. I loved the video of him visiting his high school teachers.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He gets my vote as well. Good attitude, great measurables, and will be coached by Lane Kiffin from day one. Like him or not his position coach is one of the best quarterback coaches in the college game.
Kirin has never had the title of QB coach prior to this season. He's either been labeled as OC or WR coach.

Yes I feel like he will have the biggest impact on defense as a freshman. Or maybe Evans as a close second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish Hand was already on campus. He would benefit from Spring practice. He and Allen can bookend the DL and be a force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.