Is it me, or did the NSD drama seem to run out of gas early this year?

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Seems like the faxes have come in earlier this year, not as many late afternoon signing ceremonies as in the past (here or around the country), and by noon most of the drama was gone.

In the past, I remember Trent Richardson's decision coming very late in the day, the Cyrus Kouandjio controversy dragging on, the Alex Colllins (Arkansas/Miami) deal last year, and just not really having a grip on where things would finally shake out until at least 3 or 4pm or beyond. This year, it seemed like the cake was baked and out of the oven by noon.

Not that I'm complaining....either about our class or the lack of late-day suspense. We certainly got our thrill with Evans.

I hope this is the way of the future and that signing days become less of a circus. Some of the more dramatic hat ceremonies had gotten over the top, and hopefully we continue to see more and more commitments stick it out. I like seeing young men like Humphrey (and even Elam, though he didn't choose us) announce their decisions ahead of time once their mind is made up rather than dragging it out. Sometimes you'll have a guy like Evans or Cyrus who is genuinely torn until the end, but that is really the exception.

For a program like ours that doesn't have to put a lot of eggs into just a few baskets, I think a more orderly process pays dividends.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
>did the NSD drama seem to run out of gas early this year?

'Bama drove the hybrid this year to a h*lluva lot more miles per signing.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'm glad it went this way, if folks thought all that drama was good for football last year then I have to question what they like more, football or Jerry Springer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.