Coach Saban 2014 NSD Press Conference

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Mods, move to football or keep in recruiting.

The presser starts at 4. Video here

This class was a consensus #1 class; all 4 major recruiting sites ranked it the best in the nation.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban’s back: “I missed you all since Jan. 1. I think you all know how much.”
Saban in an understandably good mood. "I missed you all since January 1st."
Saban: “This day is really an accumulation of a lot of hard work. … We recruit as a team here.”
Saban: "Our players do a great job of connecting with these young players so they feel at home here."
Saban says AD Bill Battle was available to speak to recruits every time they were on campus.
Saban: “I’ve never heard anybody say they had a bad class. … So I’m going to say the same thing.”
Saban: "I've never heard anybody say they had a bad class, or we didn't identify our needs. so I'm gonna say the same thing."
Saban said the team felt they were "thin" on both lines last year.
Saban said the goal in 2014 was to get more fast-twitch guys on the edges.
Saban: We feel good about the outside backer types that we got. <Christian Miller, Rashaan Evans>
Between the OLBs and DEs, Saban says he thinks they’ve met the need for more “quick-twitch” defenders to combat HUNH offenses.
Saban thanking fans for their role in this recruiting class.
Saban: The most accurate way to rank any recruiting classes is three years down the road.
Saban says the jump from high school to college is tougher than the jump from college to pro.
Saban: "I've been doing the electric slide since I was 15."
Saban: "I've been doing the electric slide since I was 15. That's the first time it's made YouTube or whatever you call it."
Saban: I've been doing the Electric Slide since I was 15. I'm just sorry they didn't get me doing the wobble, too.
Saban says he’s sorry Youtube doesn’t have him doing the Wobble in addition to the Electric Slide He says, “I do that pretty well, too.”
Saban says as soon as Rashaan Evans committed, Reuben Foster called him & said he's a better recruiter & he's responsible for signing Evans.
Saban said Rashaan Evans is "exactly what we're looking for" at outside linebacker.
Saban: I think Lane Kiffin was an asset for us to get some of the offensive players we were able to attract.
Saban asked how Marlon/Brown fits in. Facetiously says: "Well, we have two corners that play at the same time. Sometimes even three.
Saban on Tony Brown and Marlon Humphrey: "I like both guys because they're big, they're long and they have great long speed."
Saban on AJ's five-star comments: "I don't think it was an issue on the field, because none of them were out there playing.
Saban said he can remember when AJ just got here and was upset with him because he was a third-string QB.
Saban largely contradicts McCarron’s statement about 5-star entitlement: “Sometimes we forget what it’s like to be teenagers.”
Saban: "Probably the class that I remember the most was [2008]"
Saban: "[2008] actually all proved that they were a great recruiting class … and this was not the sexy place to be."
Saban: "The character of this class … I'm very pleased with."
Saban: “I talked to (Rashaan Evans) yesterday and felt really good about where he was.” #Alabama
Saban says he looks at Scarbrough as a RB first, but stresses his "diverse skill level."

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Sounds like Coach wasn't completely happy with AJ's perception and opinion of team frustrations from last year.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
He looked very happy compared to his usual pressers. I think that should tell us enough about what he thinks of this class. Of course he said AJ and group was probably his most favorite class ever.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.