Is our class unanimous #1?

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
There is talk about this maybe being our best recruiting class of all time. We have the number 1 class in ESPN, Scout, Rivals and 247 at least. Is there any other? I don't ever remember us being unanimous #1 before. Always there was one service that would put us at #2 or #3.

So is there any recruiting service that DID NOT put us #1 this year? Other than the People's Recruiting Service, which I am sure has Auburn ahead of us. :biggrin:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
They are number one, but the margin and what not varies. For instance, take a look at Scout (who had us fourth last year):
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2014

Alabama is almost 1,000 points up on #2, and they are 2,000 points up on Oklahoma. Although, it's not the points total that is so notable, or the fact that Scout has them as averaging over a 4 star, it's the margin. They're well ahead of the pack.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Seven so called 5 stars guys. Think about that for a bit and let it sink in. Not too long ago if we had that many 4 stars we'd be astonished.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
This, on paper, is one of the top 3 classes ever assembled. When you have 1/3 of all 5 star players, and the only lower ranked players are JuCo guys (who are always ranked lower)...it's something to marvel at. We'll see how it pans out ON the field, but seeing as you can technically count Coker in this class too (no, he has no bearing on any numbers aside fromt he 85) if he pans out and is as good as advertised...this class could be historic.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
It's unanimously unanimous!
Yes, at least until the NFL draft.

Did anybody catch Tom Rinaldi yesterday in yet another testimonial to Saban's love of recruiting, make a perhaps intentional gaffe that, with NSD over, "He's already looking ahead to the 2015 draft"?

Methinks Coach Saban might've scripted it as a lovely double entendre for the Crimson Tide program - right up there with that giant $52M facsimile check a while back.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
What amazes me more than the actual star ratings is how many are considered as a top 5 prospect at their position. At some point I am going to spend some time and determine how many players we have on our roster that are in that category. This class is going to make us deep. With Saban putting Bo at running back starting off, that really makes us silly deep there.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If Scout had us #1 then you know we had an amazing class. It is amazing how Scouts rankings on Bama differ so much from the other recruiting services.
Great point. Their ratings have been lower on our commits in the past than any others. They had us with 7 - 5* this year. Phenomenal!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
What amazes me more than the actual star ratings is how many are considered as a top 5 prospect at their position. At some point I am going to spend some time and determine how many players we have on our roster that are in that category. This class is going to make us deep. With Saban putting Bo at running back starting off, that really makes us silly deep there.
Believe it or not Scarbrough could play early there too, he is THAT good. He was overlooked by most because he was listed as an athlete but trust me when I say this kid is the real deal at RB. Now at Northridge he was forced to carry them almost every carry it seemed so he had some wear and tear and hopefully now that he wont have to do that he'll have time to be fresh and not be as hurt. Between Yeldon, Henry, and Scarbrough that is nasty but when you had the others too this is like some PS3 type stuff.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Believe it or not Scarbrough could play early there too, he is THAT good. He was overlooked by most because he was listed as an athlete but trust me when I say this kid is the real deal at RB. Now at Northridge he was forced to carry them almost every carry it seemed so he had some wear and tear and hopefully now that he wont have to do that he'll have time to be fresh and not be as hurt. Between Yeldon, Henry, and Scarbrough that is nasty but when you had the others too this is like some PS3 type stuff.
I'm sure he could earn it at RB. Henry proved that. He has a LOT of talent to jump.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
When I think back to this class, even the guys who we had committed and then flipped, we were upgraded. We lost Stephen Roberts and Kalvarez Bessent. We got Humphrey and Tony Brown. We lost Viano (sp?). We brought in big Cam and the best OL class in the nation. We lost Chris Williams. We get Hootie and Ronnie Clark. Just about every position where we had a defection was upgraded. The only spot that didn't happen is at NG IMO. Not that Elam was committed here, but we didn't get him. Josh Frazier is a beast and will do a great job, but I think Elam was probably higher on Bama's board.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.