Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Strangest story of signing day: D.J. Law sends LOI to both Ole Miss and Utah

This might win the contest for oddest story of signing day 2014.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/20...h-two-schools/

OXFORD — Both Ole Miss and Utah are claiming it received a National Letter of Intent from Florida athlete D.J. Law.

Ole Miss first announced the signature at 8:23 a.m. today. Utah announced at 3:36 p.m. (central) that he had signed with it.

An Ole Miss spokesman said the school is looking into it. His counterpart at Utah said that she published he had signed as soon “as I was told I could.” But, she said, she thinks the school received the letter of intent earlier in the day.

Adding more weirdness to the story is this video from local TV news station Bay News 9, in which Law is clearly choosing Utah and is seen wearing a Utes hat.

Law actually triple-signed: he also has inked with East Mississippi Community College. The 5-foot-11, 185-pound athlete from Haines City, Fla. is a three-star prospect that scored 20 total touchdowns last season.
    Lucky #13

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team fralo4tide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strangest story of signing day: D.J. Law sends LOI to both Ole Miss and Utah

Boy, is he gonna have busy Saturdays this fall. Talk about Two-A-Days!

News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Strangest story of signing day: D.J. Law sends LOI to both Ole Miss and Utah

so, in reality, he isn't going to qualify and will be at EMCC

BamaNation All-American Catfish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It wouldn't be signing day without at least one screwy story.
    "...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy

Post Thanks / Like

Heard he also signed with Georgia Military Academy and Herzing Career College. Just wanted to cover all the bases.
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."

BamaNation First Team gtowntide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Well at least his mother didn't run off with his LOI like the kid at Arky last year.

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

It doesn't matter since he signed with EMCC, sounds like he will end up there regardless if Ole Siss or Utah got him...

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    Well at least his mother didn't run off with his LOI like the kid at Arky last year.
    I heard he also signed with the Wanda Trussler School of Beauty.

That one has my vote for craziest signing day story. If there's been a better one, I've forgotten it.
    "...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

That was Malik McDowell and another player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    That was Malik McDowell and another player.
    There were TWO of them?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    There were TWO of them?!?
    Parents either didn't sign or took awhile to sign the LOI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Hey guys I was at work today and got a fax from some guy named dj law? He committed to me I guess. Weird
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Hey guys I was at work today and got a fax from some guy named dj law? He committed to me I guess. Weird
    I got one, too. I faxed him back and told him that we had decided to go in another direction.