Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Class of 2014 Commitments Reference Sheet

Someone mentioned in the prospects thread about a thread solely for the commitments. Figured I would do one. The player's 247 and Rivals profiles are linked with their rankings. As you can see, the two don't always agree on ranking or position.

Total number of commitments as of February 4: 25

Recruit Position 247 Ranking Rivals Ranking TideFans thread On Campus or Signed NLI
    Bo Scarbrough Athlete #3 ATH and #35 recruit #2 ATH and #16 recruit TideFans thread Signed LOI
    Ronnie Clark Athlete #8 OLB and #116 recruit #3 ATH and #48 recruit Tidefans thread Signed LOI
    David Cornwell QB #3 Pro QB and #65 recruit #3 Pro QB and #104 recruit TideFans thread Enrolled and on campus
    Derek Kief WR #24 WR and #157 recruit #74 WR TideFans thread Signed LOI
    Cameron Sims WR #10 WR and #82 recruit #24 WR and #174 recruit TideFans thread Enrolled and on campus
    Ty Flournoy-Smith TE #2 TE and #76 JUCO No ranking TideFans thread Signed LOI
    Cameron Robinson T #1 T and #3 recruit #1 T and #17 recruit TideFans thread Enrolled and on campus
    Dominick Jackson G or T #3 T and #9 JUCO No ranking TideFans thread Signed LOI
    JC Hassenauer C #1 C and #133 recruit #3 C and #214 recruit TideFans thread Signed LOI
    Montel McBride G #19 G #15 G TideFans thread Signed LOI
    Ross Pierschbacher T (ESPNU's #1 OG) #11 T and #120 recruit #8 T and #107 recruit TideFans thread Signed LOI
    Joshua Casher C #3 C #2 C and #210 recruit Tidefans thread Signed LOI
    Da'Shawn Hand DL #1 SDE and #7 recruit #1 SDE and #1 recruit Tidefans thread Signed LOI
    Johnny Dwight DL #15 DT and #194 recruit #41 DT TideFans thread Signed LOI
    O.J. Smith DL #34 DT No ranking TideFans thread Signed LOI
    Joshua Frazier DL #6 DT and #36 recruit #5 DT and #86 recruit TideFans thread Signed LOI
    Jarran Reed DL #3 DT and #12 JUCO No ranking TideFans thread Enrolled and on campus
    DJ Pettway DL #3 SDE and #22 JUCO No ranking TideFans Thread Enrolled and on campus
    Shaun Hamilton LB #9 ILB and #235 recruit #6 ILB and #75 recruit TideFans thread Enrolled and on campus
    Christian Miller LB #3 OLB and #14 recruit #3 OLB and #65 recruit TideFans thread Signed LOI
    Rashaan Evans LB #1 OLB and #11 recruit #1 OLB and #14 recruit TideFans thread Signed LOI
    Keith Holcombe LB #19 ATH and #240 recruit #31 OLB TideFans thread Signed LOI
    Tony Brown CB #2 CB and #16 recruit #3 CB and #25 recruit TideFans thread Enrolled and on campus
    Marlon Humphrey CB #1 CB and #10 recruit #2 CB and #9 recruit TideFans threads Signed LOI
    Laurence "Hootie" Jones S #8 S and #111 recruit #4 S and #42 recruit Tidefans thread Enrolled and on campus
    JK Scott K #6 K #4 K TideFans thread Signed LOI

Pettway does not count towards the 25 for 2014 since he signed in 2012.

Transfer(s):

Jacob Coker QB FSU stats

Committed but hasn't/won't sign LOI:

Elisha Shaw DT #88 DT #25 DT TideFans thread Most likely will be on medical hardship

Reported walk-ons:

Tucker Borrie P Hoover High School
    James Mosley LB Theordore High School
    Last edited by RTR91; February 6th, 2014 at 09:41 AM.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement

Re: Class of 2014 Commitments

Please, with the sticky?

FB | REC Moderator

I'm going to sticky this thread just because it provides some really useful references that can be very handy when searching for threads and profiles.

Having said that, though, let me be clear that substantive discussion regarding the individual commitments (i.e. games, rankings, camp performances, official visits, commitment status, etc.) should and will remain in their individual threads, not here.

Many thanks for all of the hard work, RTR.

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

RTR91, thanks so much for taking the time to put this together. I was the one who actually asked for a comprehensive thread on actual commitments. The way you have put it together with the links to their profiles and their threads on this board is amazingly helpful and far more than I envisioned. Thanks again.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation Second Team

Thanks, RTR91. I always appreciate the comprehensive list of the committed players.

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

Question: Why are we not looking for tight ends when we have 5 of the 8 tight ends graduating after next season.
    BS 1989

BamaNation First Team BamasTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Early enrollees?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Updated with new recruits and rankings.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

New to the board and wondering how many more recruits we might take. Also wondering if Pettway counts against this class..
    Thanks in advance.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by James Teasdale View Post
    New to the board and wondering how many more recruits we might take. Also wondering if Pettway counts against this class..
    Thanks in advance.
    Pettway does not count, so Alabama has 23 guys who will sign NLI as of right now.

Isn't always indicative of total number of spots, but Alabama appears to be focusing on a few players left: Marlon, Evans, Elam, and maybe one or two more.
    Coach Bryant

Thanks for that info. I'm assuming Coach and staff are accounting for some attrition. It's always confusing to me how they back count and stay within the prescribed signing limit. I figured Pettway might count against his original signing class. Signing day is so close now, I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride.

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Pettway does not count, so Alabama has 23 guys who will sign NLI as of right now.

Isn't always indicative of total number of spots, but Alabama appears to be focusing on a few players left: Marlon, Evans, Elam, and maybe one or two more.
    Assuming Coker comes in does he count in the 25 or just against the 85?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy Smith View Post
    Assuming Coker comes in does he count in the 25 or just against the 85?
    He will only count towards the 85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coach Bryant