JessN: Tide wraps up another top-rated class

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Wow! If this is a development class, then my goodness. What a good foundation!

Sent from my iPhone
It was not a slight. I don't think I made that clear. I just think this is one of those classes where where the dividends of the work really shows up in 2015-16.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Thanks very much, as always.

Jess, your post-Auburn article offered sincere and constructive criticism about the future of the program under Saban, the impact of HUNH, and the potential lack of focus on the importance of defeating the in-state rival. In your judgment, does this class reflect a shift in the underlying philosophy that will enable Alabama to reliably beat HUNH and Malzahn in particular?

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
yeah but thats not Fosters fault. He was the best guy we had. No sense in killing him for our staff misevaluating kickers.
I'm not killing I was simply responding to someone saying we need to use more scholarships on the position. Foster was a highly rated recruit.

But if you want my opinion on him, for whatever reason he never seemed to look natural kicking, I never felt at ease with him kicking, and he had his worst moments in the biggest games at crucial times. You are right that he was the best we had and there's no doubt Cade gave a ton of effort for Bama you could see it on kickoff coverage, but I'm not terribly sad to see someone else at kicker.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
On a separate note, this class is absolutely insane. I see what RGW means because the class is so heavy on the both lines of scrimmage. Granted there are some that are talented enough they might play right away like Cam, Jackson, Pettway, Reed, Hand but there are plenty of other talented guys that will pay off in years.

The thing that impresses me about this class is we hit home runs on all of the critical positions of football IMO. I mean really we hit homeruns at every position, but OT, CB, DE/OLB (pass rushers), and QB at least by the rankings we got the cream of the crop. All of these guys have natural ability to be first round picks with the right attitude in Cam, Brown, Humphrey, Miller, Evans, and Hand.

Coach Saban is amazing. His NSD press conference was some of his finest work I've seen, I was truly captivated. It's is amazing to me people think that he is this evil robot but somehow is able to just get all of these elite players to buy in and come play for him. He's clearly a personable guy when he wants to be and then on top of that he has a clear vision for his program and for the players and he's able to sell that to them better than anyone.

Here's to another #1 class, Roll Tide!

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Whitney's a good player, but he was only 2nd team All-Greater Houston
Zac Whitley? Three services - 247sports, Rivals, and Scout - all ranked him one of the top 10 inside 'backers. These are the same services who rated the other players we are so excited to have.

I think we wanted him pretty seriously.

Sure, we'll be able to field a team without him. There is a strong likelihood it could be a better team with Whitley.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Zac Whitley? Three services - 247sports, Rivals, and Scout - all ranked him one of the top 10 inside 'backers. These are the same services who rated the other players we are so excited to have.

I think we wanted him pretty seriously.

Sure, we'll be able to field a team without him. There is a strong likelihood it could be a better team with Whitley.
As I said, he good. I would have been more disappointed had we lost Hoza Scott (everybody did - grades). Funny, CNS visited Whitley a week or so before he flipped.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
As I said, he good. I would have been more disappointed had we lost Hoza Scott (everybody did - grades). Funny, CNS visited Whitley a week or so before he flipped.
From all accounts, he flipped to UCLA because a player or two bashed the program the weekend of Whitley's OV.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
On a separate note, this class is absolutely insane. I see what RGW means because the class is so heavy on the both lines of scrimmage. Granted there are some that are talented enough they might play right away like Cam, Jackson, Pettway, Reed, Hand but there are plenty of other talented guys that will pay off in years.

The thing that impresses me about this class is we hit home runs on all of the critical positions of football IMO. I mean really we hit homeruns at every position, but OT, CB, DE/OLB (pass rushers), and QB at least by the rankings we got the cream of the crop. All of these guys have natural ability to be first round picks with the right attitude in Cam, Brown, Humphrey, Miller, Evans, and Hand.

Coach Saban is amazing. His NSD press conference was some of his finest work I've seen, I was truly captivated. It's is amazing to me people think that he is this evil robot but somehow is able to just get all of these elite players to buy in and come play for him. He's clearly a personable guy when he wants to be and then on top of that he has a clear vision for his program and for the players and he's able to sell that to them better than anyone.

Here's to another #1 class, Roll Tide!
I don't think he is personable just when he wants to be. He's probably personable all the time, except when he's having to deal with the media asking the same questions over, and over and over and over again. We all have parts of our jobs that we love and parts we hate. The media interviews are clearly a part Saban doesn't like...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
What are the odds of Keith Holcombe contributing this season at LB? I see him doing well against the spread teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.