OL Braden Smith Signs With Auburn

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I know nothing about this kid or if he had committed to us for next year, but Bleacher Report reported that Bama was "shocked" when he flipped to Auburn and committed to them today.
Anybody have any info on this. I have no idea.
sip

BigA

Scout Team
Dec 21, 2013
Trussville, Al
Re: OL Braden Smith Flips To Auburn??

Awburn must have decided the bag man had to come out of hiding after we got Evans. Back to their old tricks!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I know nothing about this kid or if he had committed to us for next year, but Bleacher Report reported that Bama was "shocked" when he flipped to Auburn and committed to them today.
Anybody have any info on this. I have no idea.
sip
I'm pretty sure he signed with Auburn yesterday and we did not expect him to sign with us if I am thinking of the right guy.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

We weren't in the mix for this kid.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Are we talking about the Braden Smith out of Kansas that signed with them yesterday? As far as I know we had nothing going with the kid:conf2:

ledmonds22

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 8, 2010

Ala, I saw that too! Just a drama headline. We were never in the hunt for Smith. Now if they had been talking about Evans and the reverse, the word "shocked" would have applied here.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Ala, I saw that too! Just a drama headline. We were never in the hunt for Smith. Now if they had been talking about Evans and the reverse, the word "shocked" would have applied here.
That's kind of what I figured as well. A friend asked me about it, and I said, "I have no idea, but I guarantee you, somebody on Tidefans does, so I'll find out"..

I was right :) Thanks to all in the thread for responding and giving me the info. Truly appreciated!! sip

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

We've been done at ol for some time Braden smith never got much if a look from us. Aubies say aubie things when it comes to recruiting.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Was the B/R writer an Alabama or barner? The info is bad enough to perma-block that writer. Smith was never on our radar for months. Mama and Wallace were really the only uncommitted guys we were working on since VT flipped to USC. I think some were surprised Wallace went to Arky instead of us.

either a barner wants to try feel better about Evans or Bama "writer" confused Smith for Wallace or was working with VERY old info if he believed Smith had even a commitable offer.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011

Smith was considering TCU and A&M. Many thought he would go to TCU for family reasons (his sister is an athlete there).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

he was "one to watch" during summer camp circuit and got owned at Bama.....like badly.
As RTO states, Smith was one to watch in the summer. Here is a comment from one of the recruiting site experts regarding Smith and a couple of other players.

The lack of interest in a few prospects dropped significantly after the summer including Lorenzo Carter (Georgia), Braden Smith (Auburn) and Donnel Stanley (South Carolina).

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

Yea....I remember hearing alot of noise about Braden and Bama during the summer time, but it died down tremendously after that and we weren't a player in his recruitment and I think that was the staff's choice not Braden's

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Sounds like a sensationalized article thought up in a Barner group therapy session.

AUTigers001

1st Team
Feb 3, 2010

The video of him benching 515 for three reps is a little exciting. I have no idea if he can block anybody or not, but I don't think we'd have pursued him if the coaches didn't believe there was potential there... and with Greg Robinson gone... well -- we needed somebody.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Not being confrontational, but why are you posting this here? Glad you're excited , but I don't believe anyone here really gives a "war eagle" about what your recruit benches.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Not being confrontational, but why are you posting this here? Glad you're excited , but I don't believe anyone here really gives a "war eagle" about what your recruit benches.
He's been a respectful poster for a while. He's not talking smack and just showing a little positive vibes over one of his players (now that LOI's are signed). The mods allow opposing fans to post here (save LSU) as long as they are not inflammatory. If he's survived the mods as an opposing fan for 4 years, why worry about why he posts here?

AUTigers001

1st Team
Feb 3, 2010

I like this board... for the most part, even though I am an Auburn guy, I've been treated fairly and I have tried to be fair. This particular thread deals with my team -- so I thought I'd chime in... no harm, no foul...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.