Get ready for another title run.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
For three consecutive years we've had arguably the top recruiting class in the nation. This year I'm not so certain it can even be argued. After yesterday's signing class I firmly believe we are seeing another foundation of talent to make another dynasty type run. IMO, we will look back and this class will be a lot like the 2008/2009 classes. The foundation of another run at greatness.

The talent in this class is utterly ridiculous. The athleticism in this class is mind boggling. Whatever disappointments or concerns any of us had after the Auburn and Oklahoma losses. Yesterday's signing class should end all of that. There are players up and down this class that addressed the weaknesses we had in these games. Also, if you listened to any of CNS's interviews yesterday you heard loud and clear that he completely understands the need for more athletic, "fast twitch" players and that's what he went and got. So Gus "BOOM" Malzahn better rub on that Iron Bowl trophy a lot between now and next November. Because he won't be keeping it long. "BOOM"!

Last edited:

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
When you look at the talent we added, as well as what LSU added (especially at their skill positions), and knowing that the Barn won't likely be a chip shot the next few years, I like the odds of an SEC West team (or two) making the new playoffs year after year. And we should be favored over both of them!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'm not ready to claim the title for next year just yet. These kids need time, while this could be our best class ever we still need time. I'd say year after next I think we truly will be the best team in the nation but I'm not ready to say this team next year will be the best around. We have the talent no doubt, but now we just need experience and hope they all buy in.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
When you look at the talent we added, as well as what LSU added (especially at their skill positions), and knowing that the Barn won't likely be a chip shot the next few years, I like the odds of an SEC West team (or two) making the new playoffs year after year. And we should be favored over both of them!
Got to give TAMU their due as well. Recruiting in the west is historically good. Never was a better time to get the top 4 teams into a playoff. Talent + development = opportunities. We have been very fortunate to be winning the big games. With all the talent, only one of two things can happen for us at this level, we keep winning it all and/or we have some extremely excruciating losses. But either way and probably both, it's part of being one of the best programs in the country.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I can't help but wonder if this year might be a bit of a rebuilding year as we develop our younger, less experienced talent groups, but I agree that this is probably the deepest stockpile of talent we've ever had. (and by rebuilding I mean 1-2 losses. Not bad when your idea of a rebuilding year is not winning the championship, haha) RTR

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
However painful the Iron Bowl and Sugar Bowl losses were, I hope they got the attention of all the players and the need for EVERYONE to buy in. All the incoming players need to buy in from Day One they are on campus. Without it, winning another title will be a struggle next year.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm not ready to claim the title for next year just yet. These kids need time, while this could be our best class ever we still need time. I'd say year after next I think we truly will be the best team in the nation but I'm not ready to say this team next year will be the best around. We have the talent no doubt, but now we just need experience and hope they all buy in.
We will see, but one thing is for sure: When this much talent shows up this spring/fall those who are already on the team better take note and "up their game" or else they may choke on the dust of these freshmen/JCs passing them by on the depth chart!

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
Of course it all remains to be seen, but yesterday the recruiting gurus were referring to this Alabama class as "historic" and "unprecedented." One called it "the best class of the modern era of recruiting."

Coach Saban is already a living legend, but this class is off the charts. I think he is getting ready to put his stamp on the new playoff era of college football.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I can't help but wonder if this year might be a bit of a rebuilding year as we develop our younger, less experienced talent groups, but I agree that this is probably the deepest stockpile of talent we've ever had. (and by rebuilding I mean 1-2 losses. Not bad when your idea of a rebuilding year is not winning the championship, haha) RTR
I look at this coming season as more of a "year of experience" rather than a rebuilding year. If the new guys (redshirt and true freshmen) get their fair share of playing time, the 2015 season will have the chance of being the best in Alabama history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I've seen several coaches say that you judge a class three years after you sign it. Coincidentally, last year was three years after the 2010 class signed - which is the last time we didn't have the #1 class.

Coincidence? Maybe. But we should be set for a good run!

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
I've seen several coaches say that you judge a class three years after you sign it. Coincidentally, last year was three years after the 2010 class signed - which is the last time we didn't have the #1 class.

Coincidence? Maybe. But we should be set for a good run!

Not trying to over simplify, but we get the QB position right and we are off and running, starting now.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
The excitement surrounding the program starting with Coach Saban is something i have noticed. He and the fans seem to share in this and I believe it will rub off on the players come game time.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Alabama has been the heavyweight champ. Well, the champ got knocked down a couple of times and he's back up again. Refocused, irritated, and hungry once more.

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
I think we'll have indications of potential greatness as we go through this off season. If we see players hanging together, buying in to the process, the sky's the limit. If we see and hear of multiple off season issues...bring on the tissues.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.