Get ready for another title run.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
With the talent on this roster there's no reason for us to have to "reload." There's no other team in CFB that has the quality depth that we have, we just need to have the right chemistry

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
For three consecutive years we've had arguably the top recruiting class in the nation. This year I'm not so certain it can even be argued. After yesterday's signing class I firmly believe we are seeing another foundation of talent to make another dynasty type run. IMO, we will look back and this class will be a lot like the 2008/2009 classes. The foundation of another run at greatness.

The talent in this class is utterly ridiculous. The athleticism in this class is mind boggling. Whatever disappointments or concerns any of us had after the Auburn and Oklahoma losses. Yesterday's signing class should end all of that. There are players up and down this class that addressed the weaknesses we had in these games. Also, if you listened to any of CNS's interviews yesterday you heard loud and clear that he completely understands the need for more athletic, "fast twitch" players and that's what he went and got. So Gus "BOOM" Malzahn better rub on that Iron Bowl trophy a lot between now and next November. Because he won't be keeping it long. "BOOM"!
I GET IT...
The stage is set, now comes the 'Coaching them up' part.
Can't wait to see these guys when they get on the field. Lots of talent.
Now we got to make em want to win so bad they will work hard to earn it.
What I'm excited about and hoping is that this may be the year that things click,
and we play 60 minutes of DOMINATION football.
'SHOW NO MERCY'.
I don't care if everyone accuses us of running up the score, we have a playoff committee to impress.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I thought we have been on a title run since 2008.:wink:
This...It's not like this is news. We've had the top, or near top class since CNS second year. It's a crap shoot every year. There are great schools and coaches besides us out there and we're one of the lucky teams to be able to contend every year... thanks to Nick Saban. That's all we can ask for, and we have a hard row to hoe this year with a new man at the controls.

Really, when was the last time we weren't on a title run...I'm thinkin' 2008

Last edited:

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
Not trying to over simplify, but we get the QB position right and we are off and running, starting now.
I agree. With three games to start the season that we should win will give the new guys some valuable game experience before we get into the meat of the schedule.

All depends on how quickly they gel.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It just takes so many things to fall in place. I never dreamed '09 could be a championship year. OTOH, I looked at '10 and couldn't see what stood in our way (remember the Pogo line). 2011 was a slight surprise. After 2012, where we managed to cover some major weaknesses, I'd been told not to expect much from 2013, because our secondary was a patchwork, our DL was weaker than we needed and the OL was an "iffy" proposition. Nevertheless, we were in a position to play for it all and, I believe, win. I think our coaching staff did a hell of a job, overall, despite the weaknesses we were covering up. Could the last couple of games have been won, with better coaching decisions? No doubt about it. But we have to consider the entire body of work back to 2007. (Who was that who said that Saban would be gone in two years, anyway?) :)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'm personally thinking it's the most talented class we've ever signed but i'll wait to see what A.J. has to say about it first. :) :)
Just kidding....just kidding lol :)

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Playing in the SEC nothing is a sure thing.

First, all these talented players Must Buy In to the Coaches instruction.

LEADERS must step up on the team.

We need to dodge injuries as much as possible.

Then my 4 biggest questions are QB, DB's pass rush, O line.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This class impressed everywhere, but especially on the O-Line and D-Line. I know how important skill position players are, but they are meaningless without players who are capable of winning individual battles at the LOS. This class has the potential to dominate the LOS. This kind of talent infusion will create an even greater work ethic by every player in order to secure playing time. And with Saban refocused, and the coaching staff on notice that mediocrity will not be accepted, things look pretty good in Tuscaloosa right now.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
I think AJ was just saying what Saban wanted him to say, try to get the attention of the younger player's to buy into the system. The Stars want win a championship, the team will if they buy into the team, they can if the eyes are to close together they wont. Next years team will depend on Cooker working out. Just my thinking.

Last edited:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Not trying to over simplify, but we get the QB position right and we are off and running, starting now.
I have to agree....we've had the #1 class for 3 years in a row. I just think this deepens the talent pool...it was already pretty deep with quality players.

And, BTW, 1 loss will possibly get us into the playoff.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It just takes so many things to fall in place. I never dreamed '09 could be a championship year. OTOH, I looked at '10 and couldn't see what stood in our way (remember the Pogo line). 2011 was a slight surprise. After 2012, where we managed to cover some major weaknesses, I'd been told not to expect much from 2013, because our secondary was a patchwork, our DL was weaker than we needed and the OL was an "iffy" proposition. Nevertheless, we were in a position to play for it all and, I believe, win. I think our coaching staff did a hell of a job, overall, despite the weaknesses we were covering up. Could the last couple of games have been won, with better coaching decisions? No doubt about it. But we have to consider the entire body of work back to 2007. (Who was that who said that Saban would be gone in two years, anyway?) :)
Each NC year so far under CNS we've needed a bit of good fortune OR an unconventional key play (Cody blocked fg) to get us into position to play for it all.

Of course CNS is as close to a sure thing once we get to THE game, but now the playoff system will introduce a whole new challenge.

We'll have to navigate the regular season, get up for the Barn, win the SECCG, and then two games in the playoff.

One thing is for sure: we'll continue to need some good fortune along the way, but a recruiting class like this one gives CNS a little room for error, which every year will have.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Each NC year so far under CNS we've needed a bit of good fortune OR an unconventional key play (Cody blocked fg) to get us into position to play for it all.

Of course CNS is as close to a sure thing once we get to THE game, but now the playoff system will introduce a whole new challenge.

We'll have to navigate the regular season, get up for the Barn, win the SECCG, and then two games in the playoff.

One thing is for sure: we'll continue to need some good fortune along the way, but a recruiting class like this one gives CNS a little room for error, which every year will have.
If for no other reason than the strength of the SEC in general, and West in particular, any SEC team will need "good fortune' and "an unconventional key play" to be in position to win it all. In comparison, FSU ? The ACC? Gimme a break.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.