Get ready for another title run.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I'd just point out, the title of the thread is get ready for another title run. We are going to make a run next year, whether we get there or not. Personally, I think that is the most you can ask of a team and a coach.

I agree, with Saban and company...I will always think we have a chance to make a run at it.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
When you blend this class in with our last 3 recruiting classes, they compliment perfectly to what needs we needed addressed, and I agree 100% with Buzzard, we're about to witness the most epic title run, not only in Bama Football's history, but in college football's history as well..Enjoy it Bama Fans..The best is yet to come in "The Process"..
You said it better than me. I was talking about taking into consideration our last two classes plus this one we're about to hit a period of three #1 classes being on the field at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Those are all some good points about the barn. However IMO their real "Achilles heal" in 2014 will be the fact that they are going to have a huge target on their back. What does 2004, 2010, & 2013 all have in common...the seasons before those where mediocre to bad and NOBODY was expecting them to do much IE. Win the SEC or NC. They snuck up on everyone last year and needed two miracles to beat us and UGA. Now everybody has seen their offense and has a years worth of film on it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Those are all some good points about the barn. However IMO their real "Achilles heal" in 2014 will be the fact that they are going to have a huge target on their back. What does 2004, 2010, & 2013 all have in common...the seasons before those where mediocre to bad and NOBODY was expecting them to do much IE. Win the SEC or NC. They snuck up on everyone last year and needed two miracles to beat us and UGA. Now everybody has seen their offense and has a years worth of film on it.

Agreed. I also think without a deep threat passer without mason their going to rely on misdirection. Are they good at what they do? That's a resounding yes but here is the flip side of it can their defense hold back lsu or our skill guys enough to squeak by. I tend to think not. I think them losing Evans to us was their first L in the win/loss column because their defense would have to play out their minds and hope our defense to take a nap to realistically win, but then again that is kinda what happened in 10 and 13. Bottom line I'm not buying this concept that auburn is the clear cut favorite in 14 because it's a fact they got lucky in d uga,ATM, and our game and still couldn't hold on to double digit lead against a team that you were superior to. My pick for the west is bama/lsu winner. An interesting offseason looms

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Bare with me for a minute as I take off my crimson colored glasses (The ones I had on last year thinking during the Tennessee game we had reestablished our domination in line of scrimmage play). I'm not close to predicting a NC next year or even an SEC. We have major issues to fix A) Offensive line that imposes our will, B) Breaking in new QB, (Note B will be very difficult without A), C) Replacing CJ Mosley, D) Drastic improvement at CB, and E) Replacing a very good punter and finding a new place-kicker. Folks we have a ton of work to do to get back to where we were. I believe we have the best coaches in America to do it and are heading in the right direction with this awesome recruiting class, but let's not just assume it's all going to click overnight. I sure hope this group has outstanding leadership and are hungrier than ever. If so I will feel a whole lot better.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Bare with me for a minute as I take off my crimson colored glasses (The ones I had on last year thinking during the Tennessee game we had reestablished our domination in line of scrimmage play). I'm not close to predicting a NC next year or even an SEC. We have major issues to fix A) Offensive line that imposes our will, B) Breaking in new QB, (Note B will be very difficult without A), C) Replacing CJ Mosley, D) Drastic improvement at CB, and E) Replacing a very good punter and finding a new place-kicker. Folks we have a ton of work to do to get back to where we were. I believe we have the best coaches in America to do it and are heading in the right direction with this awesome recruiting class, but let's not just assume it's all going to click overnight. I sure hope this group has outstanding leadership and are hungrier than ever. If so I will feel a whole lot better.
I can see where you are coming from. However for one I don't think we will be missing Cade Foster all that much (no offense to him). Breaking in a new QB will be tricky but he will have 3 proven RB's and the best WR corps in the country to make things easier for him. Offensive line will be the biggest concern we have on the side of the ball. As far as the defensive side, the line should be fine. CJ will be hard to replace but DePreist should step up. Jackson and Jones should have a better year after their growing pains from last year. Also I see Brown and Humphrey playing a lot as well. Bottom line is that with all the talent we have, we should at the very least win the SEC. The NCG will work itself out afterwards.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I can see where you are coming from. However for one I don't think we will be missing Cade Foster all that much (no offense to him). Breaking in a new QB will be tricky but he will have 3 proven RB's and the best WR corps in the country to make things easier for him. Offensive line will be the biggest concern we have on the side of the ball. As far as the defensive side, the line should be fine. CJ will be hard to replace but DePreist should step up. Jackson and Jones should have a better year after their growing pains from last year. Also I see Brown and Humphrey playing a lot as well. Bottom line is that with all the talent we have, we should at the very least win the SEC. The NCG will work itself out afterwards.

I get what you're saying. It's just I don't think talent and great coaching alone wins championships. Cliché I know, but we need a team of hungry players that have chemistry. That was missing last year and right now the challenge is to even win the West much less the SEC or NC. I'm buying into Coach's "starting all over" philosophy as a fan 100%.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I get what you're saying. It's just I don't think talent and great coaching alone wins championships. Cliché I know, but we need a team of hungry players that have chemistry. That was missing last year and right now the challenge is to even win the West much less the SEC or NC. I'm buying into Coach's "starting all over" philosophy as a fan 100%.
The same was said in 2011. How did that go? Also, 2011's team didn't win the West, and the 2011 team would have been selected for a playoff. No way they could have been left out.

I'm not saying this will be a repeat of 2011 but just pointing out these things have been said before with Bama getting success the following year.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Yeah same here. Hunger helps build chemistry ;).

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
The same was said in 2011. How did that go? Also, 2011's team didn't win the West, and the 2011 team would have been selected for a playoff. No way they could have been left out.

I'm not saying this will be a repeat of 2011 but just pointing out these things have been said before with Bama getting success the following year.

That could hurt us this time around. Without the west we probably could just the playoffs goodbye.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

RTR you bring up a whole other point with the play-off. I have very serious concerns that not winning the SEC is doom going forward in almost all cases. That's probably going to be the biggest thread ever on TF's once we start to see how it works. Not meaning to change this conversation from its original content but that will play into the title run scenario.

CSA4Ever

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2010
I suspect, but hope I am wrong, that the "objective committee" will NEVER choose more than one team from any conference. I suspect the "gotta share the wealth" philosophy will prevail.

Having said all that, I want nothing more than an OU-Tide rematch in the upcoming playoffs.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I suspect, but hope I am wrong, that the "objective committee" will NEVER choose more than one team from any conference. I suspect the "gotta share the wealth" philosophy will prevail.

Having said all that, I want nothing more than an OU-Tide rematch in the upcoming playoffs.
This right here. I want a rematch also!!!

CSA4Ever

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2010
This right here. I want a rematch also!!!

I wish there were some way OU and 'Bama could play every year. OU fans and 'Bama fans are soooo much alike, an annual rivalry could become an all-time classic. Even our teams wear identical colour schemes. Both teams have passionate, well-informed fans.

I cheer for the Tide and suspect that Tide fans would reciprocate in time.

When Nebraska left for greener pastures in the B10, OU lost a great friendly rivalry. Rivalries do not need be based on hatred but thrive just as well on mutual respect.

RTR

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I think with what CNS brought in we may see a complete revamping of the OL. I'm not saying we'll start over with incoming freshmen at OL but Jackson wasn't signed for nothing and Cam Robinson may be a starter by late season. With the playing time Grant Hill got last year we may see him at some position, possibly one of the guards.

As for defense, shoring up NT along with the other DL talent we have should give our DB's some relief. I can't blame them for the lack of pass rush and diminished run defense we had last year due to poor NT play, which put a lot of pressure on our young DB's.

As for QB, with all the QB talent we have on hand and coming in, I can't believe we don't have at least the equivalent of Greg McElroy circa 2009, with all due respect to him.

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I wish there were some way OU and 'Bama could play every year. OU fans and 'Bama fans are soooo much alike, an annual rivalry could become an all-time classic. Even our teams wear identical colour schemes. Both teams have passionate, well-informed fans.

I cheer for the Tide and suspect that Tide fans would reciprocate in time.

When Nebraska left for greener pastures in the B10, OU lost a great friendly rivalry. Rivalries do not need be based on hatred but thrive just as well on mutual respect.

RTR
I always wondered what kind of rivalry OU-NEB was. Wasn't a little brother like Okie Lite nor one of hate like Texas. They produced some great match ups.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Gonna hold my expectations down to winning the west at this point. I think that's when we can realistically look at #16. We've had one regular season loss the last 3 years and managed to get into the championship game 2 of those even though we didn't control our own destiny. We needed late season losses by others to get in. That's the just the way the BCS system was designed. Now with the selection committee choosing to get away from that format for the 4 team bracket it's anybody's guess how and who will get in.

Short story; we gotta win the west and hope we defeat a top 5-8 team in Atlanta for our shot next year. And I'm good with that.

RTR!!!

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
This truly is a great time for Alabama fans. Every season since 2008 (dunno if you count 2010 or not -- I do), we have had a legitimate shot at contending. If we can make one of the top 4 spots, I'll be ecstatic.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This truly is a great time for Alabama fans. Every season since 2008 (dunno if you count 2010 or not -- I do), we have had a legitimate shot at contending. If we can make one of the top 4 spots, I'll be ecstatic.
And every year including 2008 we have been ranked #1 at one point. I think if this team figures out its identity in the first 3-4 weeks we will be in the play-off.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.