News Article: Dick Vitale Analyzes Alabama

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Al.com:

ESPN analyst Dick Vitale explains what's going wrong with Alabama basketball programl
AL.com: What's going wrong with Alabama right now?

Vitale: "When you look at Alabama, scoring points has been a very difficult thing. (Trevor) Releford's certainly had a terrific year. The last game he didn't have a typical Releford game against Arkansas. (Rodney) Cooper did. They were right there to win that game on the road, but bottom line is, I think when you look at Alabama, you have to look at the long term.

"And the long term is very obvious. Whenever you start a basketball season and lose two key components, I mean with basketball, one player can change the complexion of a team. And you lose (Trevor) Lacey who transfers , a kid who scored and put points on the board. You lose (Devonta) Pollard who gave them size and that was really a big blow for them. Those two guys stepping out of sorts, it's been a struggle for Anthony and I think people have to comprehend and understand what he's facing.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
It was easy for him to talk about who's not here but failed to mention anything about the players who have been and still are here which in my opinion are the bigger pieces of the puzzle ; not the ones who are no longer here.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He's not going to throw AG under the bus.

I agree CAG can coach, he's just not doing that great of a job at it at Bama.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Dickie really pumping up CAG now. Claims fans want instant gratification. But this is his 5th year. Wanting instant gratification would be saying fire the coach in 1st year.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Vitale said, "scoring points has been a difficult thing." Ya think? I think that pony has been rode all season by the posters. I love Coach V. He went on to say is that we need some diaper dandies, all windex men and a scoring machine. I am out of breath, better get a TO baby.

Last edited:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
You guys must have not read the whole interview. He talked about the fact that we needed some players.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.