Blog: The one Auburn stole from Bama

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
Apparently, the ITAT irregulars are sharing some of what was in his car. Look at the insanity:

It was a setup. (Alabama) knew he was going to be arrested, so they convinced him to be a plant to try and get us in trouble and make us look bad.

so he flipped from the (Harvey word), sounds like a setup

(Now they're fighting the old alcohol versus pot argument)

Are there actual people who say/believe this?

Drewy26

1st Team
Aug 16, 2008
Montgomery, AL
- quote -

"It's unlikely that all will face the possession charge. It's far more likely that the driver alone will face that charge, since the driver is assumed to be responsible for everyone, and everything, in the vehicle."

- end quote -

Sorry but that's just not true. This kind of thing happens all the time. Unless one person at the scene admits possession of drugs (and sometimes even when they do) the police will often simply arrest everyone in the vehicle under the legal theory of "constructive possession."

This happened in Florida, and I am not familiar with their law, but in Alabama the line between misdemeanor and felony possession of marijuana is the distinction between "for personal use" and "for other than personal use." This distinction causes lots of problems since it is not well defined and the line can move from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and even officer to officer. This leaves the lawyers to have to clean things up later on.

I do agree with those that say that marijuana should be decriminalized. When I hear about college kids being arrested for weed, it doesn't even register on my radar, outside of the embarrassment it brings to their program.

Unfortunately, the indications are that Alabama will be among the very last to see what kind of revenue could be raised by the legalization and taxation of weed and to act on that evidence.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I don't smoke or deal with pot in any way, shape or form..Is 200+ grams of pot considered a lot..How much gets you convicted of trafficking????..
Even here in Colorado where it's legal for personal use, having that much could lead you into a LOT of trouble. You would have to answer a LOT of questions and could see some time in the slam.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
We had a good discussion on the non-sports board about the legalization of pot. I think it's probably time for a change in the way people look at marijuana. (Note to readers, I don't smoke it, nor have I ever.)

chattabama12

Scout Team
Oct 22, 2008
It doesn't matter that he's a Barner, it's sad watching any of these kids, screw up a golden opportunity most of us could only dream about..I hope he turns things around & gets an education even if it's in Lee County..Not trying to turn this into a political debate, but, I really hope this country will one day legalize pot..It's just way to many people that does it & has their lives ruined when they get a police record from possessing it..
Well said.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
We had a good discussion on the non-sports board about the legalization of pot. I think it's probably time for a change in the way people look at marijuana. (Note to readers, I don't smoke it, nor have I ever.)
Non sports is where it needs to stay. I hate how every arrest leads to the same old for and against argument here.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
It's unlikely that all will face the possession charge. It's far more likely that the driver alone will face that charge, since the driver is assumed to be responsible for everyone, and everything, in the vehicle.
This is incorrect as per my experience in Alabama. If nobody claims the dope, they are all charged with the same crime and can all be found guilty of said crime. It's called Complicity. Basically, they should all have known there was pot in the car and because none of them did anything to be rid of the situation, they are all equally guilty. Doesn't matter where it is located in the vehicle, if nobody claims it, they all go down. Of course, with a good defense attorney, you can work your way out of a jam. For example, if the drugs are found under the front passenger seat and you are in the rear driver seat, you may have more of a defense than the kids in the front seat. Never a guarantee, though. The whole point of the complicity charges is that someone will eventually turn on the others and point the finger at the person whose dope it was.
The will probably all be give youthful offender and plea it down to a misdemeanor. Serve some time on probation, community service, drug classes. Done.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
About how many joints can you roll from one ounce of pot? I'm trying to get an idea of exactly how much pot they really had. Just saying about seven ounces doesn't mean much to me.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
About how many joints can you roll from one ounce of pot? I'm trying to get an idea of exactly how much pot they really had. Just saying about seven ounces doesn't mean much to me.
Er, um, I couldn't say how many. But consider that a can of Prince Albert used to hold 1 1/2 ounces of tobacco, and it was good for 20 or more smokes, depending on how fat you rolled them. That will give you a general idea.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Yeah there's no way you have this for only personal use. These guys will get in some serious trouble. If they manage to avoid any prosecutions, I hope they stay away from the stuff.
I've known men to have more than this for their personal consumption, they grew their own, about half a dozen plants but only once every ten years so they only had a very slight chance of getting caught growing.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
This is pretty ironic what KB tweeted the other day.

kalvaraz bessent ‏@kalvarexbessent Feb 6

I hate girls that chase dope boys cause they make fast money but it ain't legal money I'm gone have some legal money

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
What's his plan then, road trip out to Colorado so he can sell it legally? Sounds like this kid is either a major hypocrite, or he was in the worst possible place at the worst possible time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.