Weekend BBQ Spareribs (Pics)

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Very nice...what method? I prefer the 3-2-1 when I smoke spare ribs. Makes them fall off the bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I don't trim them, add olive oil to make the rub stick better. Add a salt and pepper based rub smoke four and a half hours at 250 over Kingsford competition briquettes with hickory and oak wood chunks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Those look great buzz, I get a little tired of ribs with BBQ sauce sometime. I think my next smoke will be with a dry rub also.
I quit using sauce on my ribs years ago. Too many times the sauce is so strong it actually covers up the taste of the meat. I like tasting the pork. Here's a very simple but good dry rub I use for ribs.

3 tbs paprika
2 tbs black pepper
1 tbs kosher salt
1 tps dried onion flakes
1 tps granulated garlic
1 tps red pepper flakes.

*I put all ingredients into a food processor and process it down a bit. But you don't have to do this. It can be applied directly to the meat after initially mixing all ingredients.

Last edited:

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I miss eating ribs. It is one of the things I most look forward to doing again when I get the braces taken off of my teeth.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.