Vol Players Arrested Overnight

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Its that time of the year where these young men have more free time than they're accustom to having and idle hands are the devil's workshop.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
No big deal here. Kids were in their apartment playing loud music. Cops asked them to turn it down. They did. Cops left. They turned it back up. Cops came back. Arguments ensued, and they were arrested. I'm not sure where ESPN is coming from with the alcohol angle. Must have been something I missed before. But in any event, leave these kids alone and let em play their music & video games. Go fight crime

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I'm not gonna say much, because it can happen in any college town, including Tuscaloosa...

It would be nice if we didn't have off season news of this sort...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
No big deal here. Kids were in their apartment playing loud music. Cops asked them to turn it down. They did. Cops left. They turned it back up. Cops came back. Arguments ensued, and they were arrested. I'm not sure where ESPN is coming from with the alcohol angle. Must have been something I missed before. But in any event, leave these kids alone and let em play their music & video games. Go fight crime
The Go Vols article in the OP says the former players were arrested for underage drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL
Even if something were to come of this, it really won't matter. This Vol team is stacked at every position. Their poor effort on the gridiron in recent years was all part of a plot to pull everyone into a false sense of security. They shall now proceed to terrorize the SEC. Nay, the nation!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So what's the update? I can't find anything in those links.
Here's an update.

On Sunday news broke that two current and one former Tennessee players were arrested on alcohol-related charges and resisting arrest. Now the Associated Press is reporting that seven more Volunteers have received alcohol-related citations.

According to a police report linebackers Curt Maggitt, Jakob Johnson and Jalen Reeves-Maybin were cited for providing alcohol to underage people. Offensive lineman Dontavius Blair, defensive lineman Malik Brown, defensive end Dimarya Mixon and cornerback Justin Coleman were cited for underage consumption.

The arrested players were linebacker A.J. Johnson, former linebacker Dontavis Sapp and defensive lineman Danny O'Brien. Johnson and Sapp were arrested on charges of purchasing alcohol for minors and resisting arrest while Sapp was charged with criminal impersonation, resisting arrest and underage consumption. The criminal impersonation charge stems from O'Brien originally provided the police with fake identification that showed he was over 21.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
This one strikes me as much ado about nothing. Bad publicity here, obviously, and not good precedent, but we aren't talking anything egregious in this case.

Might be a one-game suspension handed out, but honestly I couldn't fault Jones if he didn't go that far. In any event, with Utah State on the schedule, I doubt it matters too much either way.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.