Bama great Keith McCants arrested for the 12th time

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It's really sad to see someone like Keith, making all these bad decisions.

If 9/10s of the guys on his forum had Keith's talent, and opportunities...
we would have been a household name for years.
(Not to mention very well off)

It's a shame. :conf2:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I, too, am surprised he's not dead. Unfortunately, the demon that is drug addiction is a cruel master with its servants willing to do just about anything to get the next fix.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have seen so many lives destroyed by drugs. It makes me sad just thinking about it. Really good people who lost everything because they made a single poor decision.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
McCants was my favorite LB when I was growing up. So sad to see.

Sadly I think this ends in prison or death. I thought he was doing pretty good for awhile?

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
Anyone remember him chasing down the Auburn receiver in 1989? He was suppose to be one of their fastest receivers and McCants caught him from behind and just swallowed him.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I remember him grabbing the Texas A&M running back by the back of the jersey and pulled back, and the RBs feet came out from under him, crazy talent, that dude had

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Anyone remember him chasing down the Auburn receiver in 1989? He was suppose to be one of their fastest receivers and McCants caught him from behind and just swallowed him.
Still one of the most amazing individual plays I've seen. You could hear the crowd utter a low "oooh".

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama

Afterwards in an interview he was asked if the guy was as fast as advertised........KM said "Must be. it took me 40 yards to catch him." :D

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
His notoriety as a former Bama stand out probably got him more second and third and fourth etc chances than he deserved. Perhaps had he done significant jail time early on he would have seen the light, straightened himself up and not been in this position.
I feel sorry for Keith though. He was quite a talent.
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.