Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Finebaum Grilling James Franklin

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index...frankli_1.html

I thought this was pretty good article with the audio.

I think he should have ask him if would pay Vandy back for the Time he spent their dollars recruiting. His true colors game out here, especially the way he put Coach Saban down.
    This is the beginning of a new day.God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or or use it for good.What I do today is very important because Im exchanging a day of my life for it.When tommorow comes,this day will be gone forever. Leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain, not loss - good, not evil. Success, not failure in order that I Shall not forget the price I paid for it.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Re: Finebaum Grilling Jame Franklin

Yeah, he really threw Vandy under the bus. Sure, it's a business, and you do what's right for you, but there should be boundaries. When PSU comes off their bowl ban, look for some bowl to try and get a Vandy-PSU matchup.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Love the tweets about this at the bottom of the link. Several folks going after Paul by asking if he's asked Saban about the medical redshirts or saying Paul only did it because Franklin called Saban "Satan" one time. Yep, that's exactly why Paul did it.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think he answered the question and Paul badgered him on the issue. He stated the players called him and they recruited him. True or not, it is a respectable answer in my opinion.

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Volatile on TideFans.com

I have over time developed an intense dislike for Franklin. Many of his comments show that he's about as deep as the water at Groom Lake, NV. He appears to care only about himself and I consider him to be completely undeserving of success due to his haughty attitude. I hope he fails immensely if that is what it takes for him to rediscover humanity.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

BamaNation First Team rolltide_21's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Orange View Post
    I have over time developed an intense dislike for Franklin. Many of his comments show that he's about as deep as the water at Groom Lake, NV. He appears to care only about himself and I consider him to be completely undeserving of success due to his haughty attitude. I hope he fails immensely if that is what it takes for him to rediscover humanity.
    Good point about his arrogance. This explains why Clay Travis had a man crush on him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Orange View Post
    This is the best assessment of Franklin I have seen on this board. He is an overrated, arrogant arse who recruited a fair number of thugs and who's success was against a down SEC East over the past 3 years. IMO his act won't last long at PSU.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation First Team dadleyblane5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Like my Daddy used to say, can't walk thru the field of life barefooted without eventually sometimes stepping in crap,..and Franklin's field is full of it.

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    This is the best assessment of Franklin I have seen on this board. He is an overrated, arrogant arse who recruited a fair number of thugs and who's success was against a down SEC East over the past 3 years. IMO his act won't last long at PSU.
    I think he did a good job (not a commentary of his character) to help Vandy get out of the basement of the SECE. But you do raise a legitimate point about the competition he competed against during his time at Vandy. Florida is at an all time low since the early 90's. UT football has been at his lowest in recent memory. UGA and USCe have been the strongest teams in the east, but the whole eastern division is just so far behind the west right now.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I understand the Vanderbilt beef over this deal but truthfully we all know that their classes were all subject to the possibility of Franklin skipping town. The level they were recruiting wasn't because of the Vanderbilt brand but the Franklin brand. Very few of their players were committed to the school and they went with the coach they were committed to playing under for 4-5 years.

It sucks for them but it is what it is.

BamaNation All-American mikes12's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the nature of college recruiting today. Don't hate the player. All involved are making the best choice they can for themselves. Sooner or later, all schools/fan bases will experience life on each side of this situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

I still can't believe he's making over 4 million a year. Think about that, fourth place in the SEC East gets a guy over 4 million a year, and remember he's never been head coach anywhere else, so the best he's ever done is fourth in the SEC East. I know it's Vanderbilt, but it's really hard for me to believe that's a four million dollar resume.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban
    "This is how it should be every game, every home game... the fans were just amazing". - Kevin Norwood on 2013 LSU game
    "Four, five-star recruits are in Tuscaloosa, and then they see a stadium start emptying out at halftime"

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

My thing is I went to real estate school and learned there is a thing called conflict of interest when you take ones clients money then use them to make a sale. Seems like the same thing to me him using the excuse I had a relationship with the recruits then taking Vandys money. We would lose our license if they could prove it, which to me its morally wrong. Looks like to me they could sue him.
    This is the beginning of a new day.God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or or use it for good.What I do today is very important because Im exchanging a day of my life for it.When tommorow comes,this day will be gone forever. Leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain, not loss - good, not evil. Success, not failure in order that I Shall not forget the price I paid for it.