Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Scout Team

Big A Depth Chart for the West Virginia Game?

For starters I think the rbs. will be Yeldon ,Henry and Drake. But would not be too surprised if Henry started.
    He should get at least 20 touches per game.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Just wondering what would the depth chart look like for the west va. Game

Think you posted on he wrong board.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Halovest View Post
    For starters I think the rbs. will be Yeldon ,Henry and Drake. But would not be too surprised if Henry started.
    He should get at least 20 touches per game.

Ask Coach Saban at the next presser. I'll get the popcorn. Ask him about entitlement too.

My Mood
    Woot on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    Ask Coach Saban at the next presser. I'll get the popcorn. Ask him about entitlement too.
    True that would be something,nothing like getting CNS riled up right from the get go LOL!!!!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American

This probably should be on the football board, but I like the question.
    I see Blake sims at QB. TJ at RB. Cooper, White and C Jones at WR. Vogler at TE.
    My ideal OL starting with LT - Brandon Greene, Arie, Kelly, Shepherd, D. Jackson.

Defense:
    A.Robinson, Ivory, Pettway on DL. Duvall, DePriest, Ragland, and Dillon Lee at LB. Bradley Sylve and Eddie Jackson at CB. Collins and Jarrick at safety.

We'll see what shakes out after spring and fall camps.
    Last edited by glasscutter256; February 11th, 2014 at 05:16 PM.

BamaNation Scout Team

Glassscutter you don't foresee any true freshman starting? Hand,Robinson and Brown will be in the mix. Foster and Evans also.
    Don't know how this got on the recruiting board a mistake I guess.

It's a down time for UA football. I was just thinking about who will be playing in the West Va. game. I cannot get enough of UA
    football. I am ready for next season to start right now...LOL That signing class got me real hyped.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    This probably should be on the football board, but I like the question.
    I see Blake sims at QB. TJ at RB. Cooper, White and C Jones at WR. Vogler at TE.
    My ideal OL starting with LT - Brandon Greene, Arie, Kelly, Shepherd, D. Jackson.

Defense:
    A.Robinson, Ivory, Pettway on DL. Duvall, DePriest, Ragland, and Dillon Lee at LB. Bradley Sylve and Eddie Jackson at CB. Collins and Jarrick at safety.

We'll see what shakes out after spring and fall camps.
    I like your list, but we also know there are a lot of other guys who think that they will be getting the nod and will be busting it to make sure they get their chance. Spring training should be very interesting this year, and I hope those guys on our board with inside information will share as much as they can.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Halovest View Post
    Glassscutter you don't foresee any true freshman starting? Hand,Robinson and Brown will be in the mix. Foster and Evans also.
    Don't know how this got on the recruiting board a mistake I guess.

It's a down time for UA football. I was just thinking about who will be playing in the West Va. game. I cannot get enough of UA
    football. I am ready for next season to start right now...LOL That signing class got me real hyped.

I know what you mean about "can't get enough UA football." I don't expect to see any true freshman starters. I do think we will see a lot of them play. Mainly the ones you mentioned. We can't forget that even though these freshmen are 4-5* players. The players they are competing against are also 4-5* players who have had more time to learn, grow, and adapt to the college game. I'm always excited to watch the younger players play. That is why A-day is one of my favorite games of the year.

The person coming in this class who has the best chance to start is probably Jacob Coker. I just think it is hard to develop a chemistry with the players and become the leader a QB needs to be by just coming in the fall. Nick Marshall developed into that leader last year after only practicing in the fall, but everyone would agree that his start was not stellar. Bama can't afford to start slow. Coker may end up being the starter by the end of the year, however.
    I really think Bama will try to give Cam Robinson as many snaps at LT as they can. Sort of like they did with Cyrus K. I'm hoping they move Brandon Greene back to LT because he is probably the best LT we have right now.

BamaNation All-American JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

Re: Depth Chart for the West Virginia Game?

How about we wait until after spring practice to see how it goes before trying to figure out the lineups for both side of the ball? Right now, there are too many uncertainties on both side to figure out the lineup. We don't even know enough about QBs to determine who might come out as a front runner. We don't even know about running back situation. Yeldon could be demoted. WRs... OL, TE and on Defense, too many questions. Let's just wait until spring practice to see who's doing well, and who's not.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    How about we wait until after spring practice to see how it goes before trying to figure out the lineups for both side of the ball? Right now, there are too many uncertainties on both side to figure out the lineup. We don't even know enough about QBs to determine who might come out as a front runner. We don't even know about running back situation. Yeldon could be demoted. WRs... OL, TE and on Defense, too many questions. Let's just wait until spring practice to see who's doing well, and who's not.
    Yeah, let's not have any normal fan behavior on a message board. That would be devastating.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Just shootin' the bull. Ain't no harm done.
    I am not an ordinary, run of the mill ilk. I am a King Of My Kind. A veritable Emperor of the Ilks.

BamaNation Scout Team

You see that's the fun part predicting who will do well in the spring. Me myself have seen enough of this team to kind
    of know who will start. I think with Kiffin involved you will see more play maker's on the field.
    Me personally I think that's why CNS hired Kiffin. Our play maker's have not been utilized effectively.
    You will see a lot of them on the field when we play West Va. Hope I heave not given away the game plan. LOL

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Now I know it's the offseason. Talk of depth charts is premature and downright dangerous if you ask Coach Saban about his depth chart.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag