Video of Woman being strangled in Syria by Jihadist rebels

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
We are a global superpower in a globalized world. There's no such thing as "someone else's business" anymore.

This isn't 1914.
You can say that all you want to rationalize our involvement, but our nosing into other people's business has resulted in a lot of unnecessary deaths and spending in the last 70 years, not to mention is almost solely responsible for our current problems with terrorism.

It's not our job to be the world police, no matter how much you like the idea of projecting our will onto others.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
You can say that all you want to rationalize our involvement, but our nosing into other people's business has resulted in a lot of unnecessary deaths and spending in the last 70 years, not to mention is almost solely responsible for our current problems with terrorism.

It's not our job to be the world police, no matter how much you like the idea of projecting our will onto others.
Can't compare today to Vietnam or Korea.

And nice of you to blame America for terrorism. Self-loathing and factual innacuracy - a delightful combo!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Can't compare today to Vietnam or Korea.
But you can compare the reality that our involvement will do nothing to improve the situation. It's simply not our business.

And nice of you to blame America for terrorism. Self-loathing and factual innacuracy - a delightful combo!
Yah, they 'hate us for our freedom', isn't that it?

I don't 'blame America', but I'm not nationalistic enough to act as if our constant screwing around in other peoples' back yards isn't a major cause of the hatred we deal with now.

I suspect you'd feel differently if we were constantly on the short end of the stick, but maybe not. You certainly seem to be unwilling or unable to get past the idea that TPTB in DC are no better or wiser than those in other countries.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
But you can compare the reality that our involvement will do nothing to improve the situation. It's simply not our business.

Yah, they 'hate us for our freedom', isn't that it?

I don't 'blame America', but I'm not nationalistic enough to act as if our constant screwing around in other peoples' back yards isn't a major cause of the hatred we deal with now.

I suspect you'd feel differently if we were constantly on the short end of the stick, but maybe not. You certainly seem to be unwilling or unable to get past the idea that TPTB in DC are no better or wiser than those in other countries.
Brilliant how you can channel Pat Buchanan and Noam Chomsky at the same time. Could you please recount for us how we have managed to put the Muslim world on the short of the stick? Be reminded about the amount of money we've dumped in the Middle east for almost fifty years.

Sayyid Qutb didn't hate us for our freedom - he hated us because our world conflicted with his, and in his twisted mind, there could be no compromise - so he became the intellectual leader of the Muslim Brotherhood right about the time they tried to assassinate Nasser in Egypt and see the Shah overthrown in Iran.

So you can comfort yourself by thinking if we just "mind our own business" - whatever the hell that means - they will leave us alone, but it doesn't work that way, and we know this by their own admission.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Brilliant how you can channel Pat Buchanan and Noam Chomsky at the same time. Could you please recount for us how we have managed to put the Muslim world on the short of the stick? Be reminded about the amount of money we've dumped in the Middle east for almost fifty years.
LOL, nothing I will say will change your mind - it doesn't matter that our history in the ME is riddled with installing and removing leadership according to what we think benefits us. It doesn't matter that we've had bases in their countries for decades. It doesn't matter that our policy has revolved around ensuring that we did what we thought what was best for our oil supply...

None of that matters, because you like to believe that we're all about doing good and righteous things.

Not that it will matter to you, but think about the countries most commonly and most heinously hit by terrorist attacks - all of them have a history of crapping all over these countries for their own benefit. Other first world countries who tend to mind their own business don't seem to have this problem. I guess they're just not as free as we are.

If nothing else, I'd think we could all agree that our foreign policy, specifically in the ME, has been atrocious for decades, and that we should therefore try a different approach. But I guess even that's too much for some to agree with.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
LOL, nothing I will say will change your mind - it doesn't matter that our history in the ME is riddled with installing and removing leadership according to what we think benefits us. It doesn't matter that we've had bases in their countries for decades. It doesn't matter that our policy has revolved around ensuring that we did what we thought what was best for our oil supply...

None of that matters, because you like to believe that we're all about doing good and righteous things.

Not that it will matter to you, but think about the countries most commonly and most heinously hit by terrorist attacks - all of them have a history of crapping all over these countries for their own benefit. Other first world countries who tend to mind their own business don't seem to have this problem. I guess they're just not as free as we are.

If nothing else, I'd think we could all agree that our foreign policy, specifically in the ME, has been atrocious for decades, and that we should therefore try a different approach. But I guess even that's too much for some to agree with.

Not one specific example. That's all I'm looking for here.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
LOL, I'm done going back and forth with you. I find it hard to believe you're genuinely ignorant of the US's work in the ME and Asia, but I'll throw something down here for you. Just don't expect me to come back - it's difficult talking to someone who is so willfully ignoring historical fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d'état

http://www.midafternoonmap.com/2013/10/americas-allies-and-enemies-in-middle.html
I'm not "genuinely ignorant" at all - I just think you're wrong and you've done a terrible job of asserting yourself.

And Wikipedia? Take it easy on me.

Now I'm off to enjoy a bourbon.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.