Link: Auburn fans harassing Alabama LB signee Rashaan Evans and Family...

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
A few articles that have been posted on Auburn fans attacking Evans and his family. I usually wouldn't link a Scarbinsky article but he's pretty tough on them too.

http://college-football.si.com/2014/02/11/auburn-alabama-rashaan-evans-heckling/

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/02/hating_on_rashaan_evans_whats.html

I also thought this post from Bryan Matthews over at AU's 247 site was rather amusing:

So he's just going to make up all of that because of a perceived agenda against Auburn? Does the kid really care that much or hate Auburn enough to do that?

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Re: Auburn fans heckling Alabama LB signee Rashaan Evans

A few articles that have been posted on Auburn fans attacking Evans and his family. I usually wouldn't link a Scarbinsky article but he's pretty tough on them too.

http://college-football.si.com/2014/02/11/auburn-alabama-rashaan-evans-heckling/

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/02/hating_on_rashaan_evans_whats.html

I also thought this post from Bryan Matthews over at AU's 247 site was rather amusing:

So he's just going to make up all of that because of a perceived agenda against Auburn? Does the kid really care that much or hate Auburn enough to do that?
This whole thing shows how some people take this rivalry too far. This Matthews guy on the other hand should be fired for his comments. Nobody "made" the AU coaches look foolish other than themselves.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

Bryan Matthews is one of the biggest hacks out there and it makes me sick that a certain local radio show has him on every single week, which gives him credibility in the eyes of some.

Isn't it funny how different fan bases react. Take Coker and FSU, I don't see any hatred coming out of FL and Coker has at least played at the college level. Barners are going nuts over a kid who hasn't even practiced at the college level yet; who knows, he could turn out to be a bust.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I feel really bad for the Evans family. There is no excuse for this. When Bama fans react in a similar fashion, it embarasses me also. I sincerely hope and pray the majority of AU fans don't act this way. Rashaan and his family dealt with this situation with class and respect. Rashaan's dad took most of the heat and they knew there would be a backlash, but when they threaten their safety and business because of a simple decision, it shows ingorance and immaturity. I hate that this redneck attitude gets linked with the state of Alabama.
I'm sure Cade foster received some hate texts from some bama idiots, but his team and lots of good-hearted bama fans stood up for him right away. I don't see any other that from the barn.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

What about the trees, though? That's what most important.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

I feel really bad for the Evans family. There is no excuse for this. When Bama fans react in a similar fashion, it embarasses me also. I sincerely hope and pray the majority of AU fans don't act this way. Rashaan and his family dealt with this situation with class and respect. Rashaan's dad took most of the heat and they knew there would be a backlash, but when they threaten their safety and business because of a simple decision, it shows ingorance and immaturity. I hate that this redneck attitude gets linked with the state of Alabama.
I'm sure Cade foster received some hate texts from some bama idiots, but his team and lots of good-hearted bama fans stood up for him right away. I don't see any other that from the barn.
I'm sure most of the hate threats Cade Foster received were from Barn fans wanting Bama to look as red neck as they are.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Here is an example of why the AU fans just don't get it:

On the flip side, his dad played for Auburn and he has grown up here. There is no way in the world that they should not have known and expected this reaction. This would be something like a famous and talented scientist defecting from the USSR to the USofA and then having to live out the next 4 months still in the USSR. He would go from hero to reviled in a nano-second. People would be royally PO'd. His dad sounds like a fool for seeming to be completely caught off guard - this from a guy that was recruited and then played for the school and still lives in Auburn - IDIOT if he really is surprised. They have lived it for years - is there anyone that understands the rivalry better than a former player????
So an 18 year old football player is compared to a scientist defecting to an enemy country, the very definition of "treason." And they don't get why people think they're downright weird for wanting to ruin the livelihood of the 18-year old's family. And this is just part of that post. If they keep this up, the rest of the world may come to understand the mentality. Remember their AD comparing Bama to the NAZIs? Later, he said it was satire and tongue in cheek. Sure...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

If the dipwad Bryan Matthews would pull his head out of his rear long enough, he wouldn't have to second guess the media reports. All he has to do is look at social media or his own fan base's message boards to see the crap being spewed at Rashaan and his family. Matthew's is just as sick and sad as the rest of the cult.

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al

I'm concerned that the Barners will succeed in destroying his fathers business. They almost ruined Bromberg's in Mountain Brook years ago by campaigning against them to not patronize the store. I'm hope that Rashaan doesn't give in and change to the Barn because of the pressure on his family. How sad would that be. All fan bases have the group on the fringe, but never have I seen it like this and for this long. It's ridiculous.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Maybe we need to go back to not playing each other for a while. It's just gotten out of hand and this might give crazy fans of both schools some time to cool off. I realize the SEC won't let that happen but I'm concerned this hatred could escalate even further.
What's the Evans family to do, move out of Auburn and relocate somewhere friendlier? Maybe this will cool down with time, I hope so.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

Maybe we need to go back to not playing each other for a while. It's just gotten out of hand and this might give crazy fans of both schools some time to cool off. I realize the SEC won't let that happen but I'm concerned this hatred could escalate even further.
What's the Evans family to do, move out of Auburn and relocate somewhere friendlier? Maybe this will cool down with time, I hope so.
Send em to the East. Keep our rivalry with 10erc and just play them on a rotational basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

BamaBuff24

1st Team
May 2, 2000
FWB, FL USA

Send em to the East. Keep our rivalry with 10erc and just play them on a rotational basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...
Yeah, gives us Mizz. and we will still play two tigers a year.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

I hope Evans become the greatest linebacker in Tide history and NEVER loses to the boogs. Would serve them right.

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL

Funny how the local news around here barely mentions this, yet they still have specials on the stupid trees.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I agree completely. Auburn needs this game to be relevant, Alabama doesn't need it at all, not one bit. Geographically, it should have been Vanderbilt all along, with Auburn in the East, but now just swap tigers and it makes sense geographically and they can try to earn relevance on their own.

I'm not obsessed with Auburn and I think anyone that just can't do without the Auburn game probably cares too much about them...

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

I agree completely. Auburn needs this game to be relevant, Alabama doesn't need it at all, not one bit. Geographically, it should have been Vanderbilt all along, with Auburn in the East, but now just swap tigers and it makes sense geographically and they can try to earn relevance on their own.

I'm not obsessed with Auburn and I think anyone that just can't do without the Auburn game probably cares too much about them...
While I agree that we could easily do without playing Auburn every year, I don't think it would change the fact that some fans are simply idiots who have nothing else in their lives other than trying to bring their "enemy" down. We have our share of those idiots, too, by the way. Which means, of course, that the idiot brigade would simply spew their hate towards some other group of kids who chose not to represent their university, which they probably didn't even attend. Of course, that is just how I see it, and I could be wrong.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

He's already signed, sealed, and coming to Bama no matter what happens now..He's coming to Bama..

I'm concerned that the Barners will succeed in destroying his fathers business. They almost ruined Bromberg's in Mountain Brook years ago by campaigning against them to not patronize the store. I'm hope that Rashaan doesn't give in and change to the Barn because of the pressure on his family. How sad would that be. All fan bases have the group on the fringe, but never have I seen it like this and for this long. It's ridiculous.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.