Link: Auburn fans harassing Alabama LB signee Rashaan Evans and Family...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Auburn fans heckling Alabama LB signee Rashaan Evans

Yup..It makes no matter if we play them every other year or drop playing them altogether..There's part of their fan b ... hell-bent on bringing down Crimson Tide Football & will keep on trying to succeed no matter or not we're play in them or not..I don't worry about our coaches cheating, and getting us into trouble with the NCAA again, and that's a legitimate concern of them framing us or at least trying to falsely bringing us down..

While I agree that we could easily do without playing Auburn every year, I don't think it would change the fact that some fans are simply idiots who have nothing else in their lives other than trying to bring their "enemy" down. We have our share of those idiots, too, by the way. Which means, of course, that the idiot brigade would simply spew their hate towards some other group of kids who chose not to represent their university, which they probably didn't even attend. Of course, that is just how I see it, and I could be wrong.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio

It's a shame a few crazy fans give schools a bad name but we all have them.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

Personally I don't want Aubie in the east its easier to get to sec championship over there, plus I would miss beating them for the next 10 yrs.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

It wouldn't bother me one bit if the Nzaa shut that cesspool in West Ga down for good. If ever a school deserved it they are the one.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

All I can say about this isthat I expect him to be extra motivated this spring,( expect him to work out at home) summer and fall camp and you'll see him emerge as one of the top candidate to get playing time this fall. He'll make sure not to forget what Auburn did to him. I reckon everyone on the team will be fired up about this, including foster and TJ.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

While I agree that we could easily do without playing Auburn every year, I don't think it would change the fact that some fans are simply idiots who have nothing else in their lives other than trying to bring their "enemy" down. We have our share of those idiots, too, by the way. Which means, of course, that the idiot brigade would simply spew their hate towards some other group of kids who chose not to represent their university, which they probably didn't even attend. Of course, that is just how I see it, and I could be wrong.
If Auburn switched sides, I don't see even our worst fans will vent on, for example, LSU, the way they vent against AU. That goes for AU fans also...

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

Maybe we need to go back to not playing each other for a while. It's just gotten out of hand and this might give crazy fans of both schools some time to cool off. I realize the SEC won't let that happen but I'm concerned this hatred could escalate even further.
What's the Evans family to do, move out of Auburn and relocate somewhere friendlier? Maybe this will cool down with time, I hope so.
This is a Great suggestion.

rammerjammer69

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2009

Maybe we need to go back to not playing each other for a while. It's just gotten out of hand and this might give crazy fans of both schools some time to cool off. I realize the SEC won't let that happen but I'm concerned this hatred could escalate even further.
What's the Evans family to do, move out of Auburn and relocate somewhere friendlier? Maybe this will cool down with time, I hope so.
The only way things might cool down is to stop playing them - either us moving to the east or them. AU moving would make more sense as they can keep uga and we keep UT. However, I assume all SEC teams would have to agree and that's the problem as auburn will never agree to it. With all their envy and hate, the truth is au desperately needs us to sell tickets and keep up interest among their own fans. They'll never admit it, but au has ridden our coat tails for their entire history and will need to do so to have any future success long term. With the possible schedule change to 9 games I hope Battle or someone is looking into it - I'd love to cast au off for good.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC

All this talk about moving Auburn to the East, I would rather see them moved to the ACC :smile:. Then thay could ride the coat tails of Florida State. Maybe even become a Miami wannabe school???

rammerjammer69

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2009

I just realized it will never happen. AU will never agree to move to the east - they have to play us every year to be relevant in the SEC. But then if we try to move to the east, surely UF and uga would block it. UF would never agree to play us and LSU every year. It would only work for them if LSU was removed as their permanent west opponent. LSU would be for that, but even so UF will not want to play us annually and uga wouldn't either. None of the east teams would welcome us.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

The east/west dominance is cyclical. It's not been that many years since the east was dominant. That was before Saban singlehandedly woke up the West, first at LSU and then Bama. Now, aTm is singlehandedly revamping Texas' state football... :)

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

DC
‏@DavidCornwell5
5m @616evans4 know it's tough but stay strong. You got family here in Tuscaloosa, we got your back

Looks like David Cornwell has Rashaan's back and it appears the national media is talking about this now too per Mike Greenberg's (ESPN's Mike and Mike) twitter account. Definitely not a good look for the "family." The "family" is starting to look more like a mafia family at this point. Don't go fishing with anyone suspicious Rashaan!

Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny 46m
If you harrass an 18 year old kid because of where he chooses to go to college, you are a loser. Yes, you are.

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

All this talk about moving Auburn to the East, I would rather see them moved to the ACC :smile:.
That would have to be the ACC as in All-Cow Conference with Tejas, USF, Buffalo, Marshall - because they're as much anathema (and would-be pariahs) to the Atlantic Coast Conference as they are to the SEC. Hands-down and indisputably the most-loathed and detested institution in college sports.

Bama Whiz

Jan 28, 2014

Would they ever realign the SEC so that auburn is in the East? If so, is there a petition that could be signed to move them?

Maybe something like the Justin Bieber scenario? 😏

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

If Auburn switched sides, I don't see even our worst fans will vent on, for example, LSU, the way they vent against AU. That goes for AU fans also...
I don't know about that. It would definitely take a few years, but I remember hearing quite a few people saying that LSU was now our biggest rival in the West during 2011. If we stopped playing AU and LSU beat us a few times, there would be quite a few LSU haters pop up. The type of people who place these kids on pedestals when they are on their team and treat them like garbage when they are on the other team are also the types of people who simply need an outlet for their idiotic hate. Most fans simply enjoy the sport and the rivalries that make college athletics great, but the idiot fans are going to find some person or team on which to spew their hatred. I can't recall who said it, but there is a quote that basically says that the problem with intelligent people is that they are full of self-doubt while ignorant people are cocksure and loud. All the little technological outlets that these ignorant people have now makes it even easier for their voices to be heard. Unfortunately, those aren't the voices that we need or want to hear, but the idiots feel very confident that they are correct to say and do what they do. Just listen to Finebaum's show if you can tolerate it, and there will be many examples who prove this premise.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I haven't paid real close attention to his but I did take a look over at ITAT and they saying Mr. Evans has closed down his business. Of course, they are claiming that 1. They will reopen it in T-town or 2. They could close because they got paid for their son to sign with the Tide.

They never disappoint with paranoia and conspiracy theories.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

Great suggestion. The climate of this rivalry is at a boiling point. The internet has given the crazies on both sides a voice, and the gullible among us (more than most think) lap it up with the fervor of a starving dog. This reinforces the divide (does the same with politics) and makes people who would normally have most things in common, hate each other. At this point, the best way to stop it is to cut off the end result, which is the Iron Bowl. The worst thing anyone can do is paint the Auburn fan base with a broad brush and call them all crazy. People, they're us, only with bad decisions in choice of team. It's been brought up that the backlash to Fosters decisions was just Auburn fans posing...no , it was our idiot fans acting the way their idiot fans act.

Last edited:

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland

Yup..It makes no matter if we play them every other year or drop playing them altogether..There's part of their fan b ... hell-bent on bringing down Crimson Tide Football & will keep on trying to succeed no matter or not we're play in them or not..I don't worry about our coaches cheating, and getting us into trouble with the NCAA again, and that's a legitimate concern of them framing us or at least trying to falsely bringing us down..
Sounds,extreme doesn't it?

Don't bet a single penny on that, from bitter experience, it’s amazing what a few individuals more obsessed with their perceived rivals than supporting their own team can achieve.

It's surprising how few it takes and how little the truth will come into the discussion. My advice to Bama fans would be to never dismiss their lunatic fringe, never ignore preposterous allegations, everything they do and say about Bama must be challenged at every turn, EVERY TURN.

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009

I'm concerned that the Barners will succeed in destroying his fathers business. They almost ruined Bromberg's in Mountain Brook years ago by campaigning against them to not patronize the store. I'm hope that Rashaan doesn't give in and change to the Barn because of the pressure on his family. How sad would that be. All fan bases have the group on the fringe, but never have I seen it like this and for this long. It's ridiculous.
Wasn't that about the Auburn mom winning the tobacky spittin' contest? I'd love to see that again.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

The ironic thing about it is they feel so "misunderstood," because they think their reaction is normal and should be accepted by everyone, barn fan or not...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.