4 Star Michael Barnett Decommits from Virginia Tech 1 Day After Alabama Offers

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Link is here -> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...from-virginia-tech-1-day-after-alabama-offers

Barnett is rated (fwiw) #16 strong-side DE in the nation. He was VT's number 1 recruit in the offseason apparently. I do feel bad in a way for Coach Beamer (complete class act Coach) but that's the way it goes I reckon. I am hoping Barnett brings some pursuit and tenacity to our already awesome future DL. I'm also hoping the 4 stars mean he's a great player but not a prima-donna like Clowney. Keep em coming. RTR!!!

Last edited:

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I saw that on Bleacher Report earlier today but could not get the link to open. He would be another nice addition on the defensive side of the ball. The bad thing is he has about 350 days to change his mind a few more times. Tough position for a 17/18 year old kid to be in.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
I saw that on Bleacher Report earlier today but could not get the link to open. He would be another nice addition on the defensive side of the ball. The bad thing is he has about 350 days to change his mind a few more times. Tough position for a 17/18 year old kid to be in.
Even though Tech gets most of their players from the Virginia area, I believe I read they missed out on the top 8 players in their state this season. So on the bright side, it could be argued that Barnett is just staying with tradition. Sorry coach Beamer, that was bad.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Ok I was a little confused at first - I thought NSD had already come and gone.

This is for the 2015 class.

Further, from the linked story:

Barnett also holds offers from Clemson, Florida, Florida State and others.

Whichever program pulls in the Dorchester, S.C., native will be landing one of the top players in the 2015 class.
He sounds like a GREAT prospect but we still have a long ways to go until next year's NSD.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Our Recruiting picked up steam the day after Recruits signed Letters of Intent.
CNS is and has always been a Recruiting Machine. Nothings changed.
It's only natural that he would turn his attention to the 2015 class.

Just like Football, you can't bask in past glories.
The 24 hour Rule sez it's time to begin Recruiting for next year. I love that rule.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I don't really know why these high caliber recruits commit so early unless they KNOW, for sure, without a doubt, they get an offer from their #1 school. Anytime someone decommits, especially this early in the process, it just puts a bad taste in my mouth.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't really know why these high caliber recruits commit so early unless they KNOW, for sure, without a doubt, they get an offer from their #1 school. Anytime someone decommits, especially this early in the process, it just puts a bad taste in my mouth.
I agree with you....almost. But you take guys like Evans or Humphrey and they apparently weren't sure until late in the process. On the opposite side some make an early decision and stick with it. I guess everybody is different and there are some who think they know but then other options open up and if brings uncertainty. But I'd rather a guy stay uncommitted like Evans or Humphrey and then make an annoucement closer to signing day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.