Dabo says he played with gay players while at Bama, thoughts?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I know, ahem, firsthand that there were gay football players when I was a student at UA.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Lotta players slapped each other on the butt! What does that tell us? Sometimes the QB seems to linger under center a little too long!:tongue:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Couldn't care less. I don't care what they do on their own time, I only care about how they prepare and play football.

Still strikes me as odd that this is an issue where people feel the need to even bring it up.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Couldn't care less. I don't care what they do on their own time, I only care about how they prepare and play football.

Still strikes me as odd that this is an issue where people feel the need to even bring it up.
Absolutely! Why must we continue to be so enamored with what others are doing in their sexual lives when it's between consenting adults?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Absolutely! Why must we continue to be so enamored with what others are doing in their sexual lives when it's between consenting adults?
it will be a great day when no one really cares.

but we also need to realise this has nothing to do with the type of sex they are having. There are plenty of gay and straight virgins

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY

I have never understood why players feel the need to "come out". Of course, this is the same generation that has been so absorbed with the facebook "selfie". Tells you a lot about the mindset when you constantly have to seek approval or attention.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I have never understood why players feel the need to "come out". Of course, this is the same generation that has been so absorbed with the facebook "selfie". Tells you a lot about the mindset when you constantly have to seek approval or attention.
Coming out implies that they were previously hiding it.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
Coming out implies that they were previously hiding it.
You are correct. So why do the players coming out and the media covering it make such a big issue about it. Why does sexual orientation even have to be an issue. It would be like Brett Farve holding a news conference to announce he likes women... So?

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
You are correct. So why do the players coming out and the media covering it make such a big issue about it. Why does sexual orientation even have to be an issue. It would be like Brett Farve holding a news conference to announce he likes women... So?
Because we live in a society that still makes it uncomfortable to be gay in the open. But it is changing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.