New Member from Philippines

Philippines

Scout Team
Feb 9, 2014
Birmingham, AL
I guess I am one of the more distant fans ... 8,898 miles from Bryant-Denny. Home town is Tuscaloosa, graduated from Bama, retired from Atlanta CPA firm. Now living with my wife in Davao City which has a Hawaii-like climate:smile:, white sand beaches, and US-style subdivisions.

The drawback is that the CBS games are on at 4:30am here:rolleyes: and hard to find on the internet. We get the ESPN channels on satellite.

Roll Tide !!

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Welcome to the best College forum.
We have some very savvy members. (Sadly, I'm not one of them, but I try...)

BTW: The Philippines aren't the geographic furthest from here... Auburn is.
They are in their own little make believe world.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Welcome Philippines! Must be rough to have to wake up to hawaii-type climate every day. Have we shown you the pictures of snow here this week? Looks like sand...but just a tad colder.
Roll Tide!

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Buy a SlingBox and put it on someone's cable box back in the states. You'll get everything they get on that box live as if you were at their house. I had a friend that was sent to Germany for 2 years for work. That's what they did, and it worked like a charm.( I hope it was OK to post that.)

Philippines

Scout Team
Feb 9, 2014
Birmingham, AL
Buy a SlingBox and put it on someone's cable box back in the states. You'll get everything they get on that box live as if you were at their house. I had a friend that was sent to Germany for 2 years for work. That's what they did, and it worked like a charm.( I hope it was OK to post that.)
Thanks Ols, I have a sister in Atlanta who would quit her nursing job before missing a tv game:smile:. I will try that suggestion.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I guess I am one of the more distant fans ... 8,898 miles from Bryant-Denny. Home town is Tuscaloosa, graduated from Bama, retired from Atlanta CPA firm. Now living with my wife in Davao City which has a Hawaii-like climate:smile:, white sand beaches, and US-style gated subdivisions.

The drawback is that the CBS games are on at 4:30am here:rolleyes: and hard to find on the internet. We get the ESPN channels on satellite.

Roll Tide !!
Are we supposed to feel sorry for you? ...because we don't ;)

Welcome aboard, and RTR my friend!

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Mabuhay! Welcome aboard.

I spent some time in the Philippines in the eighties at Clark AFB/ Angeles City. Is Davao City on Luzon?

Philippines

Scout Team
Feb 9, 2014
Birmingham, AL
Mabuhay! Welcome aboard.

I spent some time in the Philippines in the eighties at Clark AFB/ Angeles City. Is Davao City on Luzon?
Actually is on Mindanao. Angeles City in the eighties must have been like Sodom and Gomorrah ;)... even today it makes New Orleans look like Amish country :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.