Former Bama RB Alvin Kamara Arrested

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Coach Jeff, a word to the wise. It is best not to contradict Earl. Just take what he says and be glad he said it.
He is a mod.
He is an attorney.
He is well connected with the program.
He probably does know what the charge on the "failed to appear in court" case was, and my guess is it was not pretty.

Tidefans is not a democracy. It is more of a benevolent dictatorship.
Good advice there Tidewater. Think of Tide HSV as a father you don't talk back to.

PalmBayBama

All-SEC
Oct 11, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Could actually be good for the young man. He has loads of ability, and has not had the light switch go on yet. This is a relatively minor thing considering where he could end up if he doesn't turn around.
It could be good if he took it seriously, but he doesn't appear to be doing so.
"Lol y'all actin like somebody died cause my seatbelt was off," Kamara wrote in a tweet that included several emoticons. " ... lock me up, Guantanamo Bay so I can't hurt nobody else. ... I'm a criminal."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I certainly know enough to assert it. The arrest wasn't for a crime against anyone per se, so it's victimless. It's a bit of semantics though.
I repeat. This is not a matter of record at this time. If you have other credible sources that it was, in your view, an "innocent" offense, by all means, enlighten us now, if you have sources you can reveal. However, let me tell you now that no judge and no attorney considers "failure to appear" to be a de minimis offense. It basically usually removes any chance at future leniency and shows an attitude of contempt towards the law and courts. I also do not consider his traffic offense to be "victimless." For one thing, his mother will have a difficult time ever renting another car, unless she can carry off the lie again. After all, she insured him in the rental agreement to her last bottom dollar, and then violated it, which may say something her attitude toward the law also. In addition, an extremely high percentage of serious injuries and fatalities are caused by - wait for it - unlicensed and suspended license drivers. I'm sure their victims wouldn't agree with your characterizations. Now, if you have confidential information you'd like to convey to me via PM, beyond the bald assertions you've made, do so, and we'll discuss it. Until then, I'm telling you're out of this discussion. You should listen...

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
[HR][/HR]If he has a charge for missing a court date then this isn't his first brush with the law. I wonder if this is why he seemed to stay in the doghouse?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
[HR][/HR]If he has a charge for missing a court date then this isn't his first brush with the law. I wonder if this is why he seemed to stay in the doghouse?
There has been a bunch of stuff, a lot of which shouldn't be shared on here, but it all points in the direction of irresponsibility and even malice towards the UA program. This is a kid with a lot of learn and he doesn't seem to be trying to learn it. Some of the things he's said border on the incredible. I would hate to predict his future at this point, but I've seen too many familiar trajectories...

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Does FTA (failure to appear) not carry with it a "no bond"?
Depen on what a person failed to appear for. If it was a traffic citation, I've usually just seen people sit out the fine in a municipal jail (they don't even bother taking them to county). If it's more serious, they'll likely reinstate a bond, but set it higher and/or have more conditions of release.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.