The Width and Breadth of Alabama Recruiting

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Fascinating breakdown of our early offers, by position and state, for 2015.

Instate trails those in Florida and Georgia by more than 2 to 1. The position breakdown also gives us an early glimpse of priorities. More than 100 offers already are out.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Really good article, and at the bottom of the page was a link to another recruiting article, this one dealing with Richie Petitbon, an OG from the DC area. Just hope we get the young man and he turns out to be as good a player as his grandpa was back in the late '50's.

RP3

Ol' RP1 was an All-SEC QB with Tulane, had a long pro career with a NFL championship when he played for the Bears and about three Superbowl rings as the DC with the Redskins in their hayday. He was also instrumental in Tulane beating Coach Bryant's first Alabama team in 1958. Took some of the edge off a trip to New Orleans for me....

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Well now the rest of the SEC can see who to target. Saban is the best player evaluator around.
That is exactly what happens. When Coach Saban offers anyone in the southeast, the barn is quick to offer the same players, as well. It's quite obvious that the barn has adopted this as their main recruiting tool.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
The only two other programs that I can recall having the ability to recruit nationally with this kind of success in my lifetime were Notre Dame and to a slightly lesser degree Nebraska.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
The only two other programs that I can recall having the ability to recruit nationally with this kind of success in my lifetime were Notre Dame and to a slightly lesser degree Nebraska.
There was a time when I used to think that Texas had absolutely no excuse for ever losing a football game because of their talent level.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
i agree about nd. i remember it seemed like every year they were pulling in the best of the best, regardless of how the teams did on the field. if memory serves, tennessee used to do very well recruiting on a national scale in the early 90's. very little to pull from in-state, so they always looked all over the place to get their kids.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Well now the rest of the SEC can see who to target. Saban is the best player evaluator around.
I would imagine just watching who Bama offers and also offer the same would save or prevent from having to evaluate and save countless man hours of watching film. I wouldn't doubt that some Bama coaches also see what other teams recruit and study those recruits.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.