Hate to miss tomorrow...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My former pastor and dear friend, Larry Stephens, is having a memorial service and his ashes laid to rest to fertilize a young white oak tree down at Jackson Gap, north of Lake Martin, at his beloved turkey hunting camp. My presence is required and Lance is going to take the game thread. I hope I can catch it on the radio coming back...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sorry for the lost of your friend.
Big hole in a lot of hearts. He started out at Bama at OT, but coach Bryant realized he couldn't make it academically, his dyslexia was so bad. He sent him over to Jax with Pell. Coach Croom was his position coach and they were life-long friends. He tore up a knee there (he went on to four knee replacements), but he finally learned to read. He eventually finished at Emory Theological, magna cum laude. Heart/lung problems, which ran in the family, finally did him in, after heroic efforts to save him failed...

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
May he rest in peace and may the grace of God be very real to his friends and family. Sometimes, the things of life are a lot more important than a game. Glad you are going to be there in their time of need.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
After seeing what happened after the fact, it doesn't look like I missed much basketball...

Here is a blog post by the wife of the pastor who conducted the extraordinary service, if you could exactly call him that. The blog is written from the standpoint of the deceased. The pastor officiating is referred to as "Duke Boy," because he went to seminary there. He was the deceased pastor's associate pastor in years past at Lannett UMC...

CLICK

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.