Link: Dee Hart arrested for possession of marijuana and giving false information

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
This one truly surprises me.
Hard to say that. Hart was essentially caught with a joint, which is highly common with young people these days (hell, it was pretty common even back in my day).

Not sure that it really makes a major difference for UA, though. Been speculation for quite some time now that Hart will be transferring before next fall.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hard to say that. Hart was essentially caught with a joint, which is highly common with young people these days (hell, it was pretty common even back in my day).

Not sure that it really makes a major difference for UA, though. Been speculation for quite some time now that Hart will be transferring before next fall.
Back in my day at UA smoking a joint in front of a cop in most cases wouldn't get you arrested much less them doing stop and searches. Of course that period was the hey dey for sex, drugs and alcohol, not to mention rock and roll.

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
I'm confused. Prior to this, was Hart a former player or a current player? What does "hasn't been with the program since the Sugar bowl loss" mean? He hasn't participated but could have worked back with the team, or he was gone before this?

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
UA saying he wasn't on the team since the Sugar Bowl.

Pretty dumb to lie to the cops.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
All the depth at Running Back has gotten a lot thinner......

Yeldon
Drake
Henry
Tenpenny
Jones
Scarborough

Anyone I'm forgetting? (Fowler really is an HB now, right?)

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Back in my day at UA smoking a joint in front of a cop in most cases wouldn't get you arrested much less them doing stop and searches. Of course that period was the hey dey for sex, drugs and alcohol, not to mention rock and roll.
I was in T-Town in the mid 80's. It wasn't quite as free as all that but you had to had to do something fairly wrong to get arrested back then. They didn't arrest everything that draws breath like they do now.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
More info...

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1610743

A gas station clerk called police Sunday night after suspecting Hart used counterfeit money at the store.

The clerk at a Texaco station on Greensboro Avenue called Tuscaloosa Police at 5:50 p.m. and reported that Hart was still in the business, said TPD spokesman Sgt. Brent Blankley.

Police said that Hart used a false name when they arrived to question him. The officers transported Hart to TPD headquarters and detected the smell of marijuana when they arrived, Blankley said.

Officers searched the back of the patrol car and found a bag containing eight grams of marijuana beside Hart's feet, he said. The investigation into the counterfeit money is still being investigated, Blankley said.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I was in T-Town in the mid 80's. It wasn't quite as free as all that but you had to had to do something fairly wrong to get arrested back then. They didn't arrest everything that draws breath like they do now.
The Rolling Stones did a concert at Memorial Coliseum in June of 72 and a few folks were arrested. I was told there was a parental backlash that put a damper on student arrests by UA and Tuscaloosa Police for a while.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.