Link: Dee Hart arrested for possession of marijuana and giving false information

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I didn't realize that he had left the team but in all honest I'm not surprised. There is a lot of depth at running back right now so he was likely to play very little. I think I recall Dee having to take a personal leave from the team his freshman year but I don't recall any details. Does anyone else remember that or am I just making stuff up???

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Looks like we are now weeding through some of the bad eggs on the team. With Kamara leaving and subsequently getting arrested, now Hart being rumored to go with an arrest on his record. Hopefully that will help clean up the attitude on the team that the upperclassmen were talking about.

I do hate it for Hart though, He was a special athlete. He probably would have done pretty well had he gone with Michigan like he was originally committed, he just never struck me though as the kind of guy who was built for the SEC. Hopefully he can deal with the repercussions of his actions, straighten out, and get back on track. He's got a lot of potential, I'm just not sure if we are his best fit at this point. I hope he can get things figured out.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Looks like we are now weeding through some of the bad eggs on the team. With Kamara leaving and subsequently getting arrested, now Hart being rumored to go with an arrest on his record. Hopefully that will help clean up the attitude on the team that the upperclassmen were talking about.

I do hate it for Hart though, He was a special athlete. He probably would have done pretty well had he gone with Michigan like he was originally committed, he just never struck me though as the kind of guy who was built for the SEC. Hopefully he can deal with the repercussions of his actions, straighten out, and get back on track. He's got a lot of potential, I'm just not sure if we are his best fit at this point. I hope he can get things figured out.
LOL! You said "weeding"!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I realize that his injuries were not his fault, but when you consider the amount of hype and fanfare that he came into the program with, Dee has turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments that I can remember. This incident only amplifies that.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Kamara is another story, but the "bad egg" label doesn't apply at all to Hart. Major injuries compiled with a natural lack of size held him back in Tuscaloosa, but we didn't have many guys who worked harder than he did. He was publicly lauded by Saban several times, if you recall.

Obviously the arrest is another issue entirely, but that doesn't change the fact that Hart was a hard worker and otherwise positive presence during his time at Alabama.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Interesting choice of words..."weeding"...

A Barner friend says we only took Hart to keep him from going to Auburn, but seems like he chose us over Michigan???

FWIW, I really don't think he was cut for our system at running back. I remember many thinking he could have been a dynamic return guy, but that never materialized as well.

It's not fair to say he was a bust with his injuries, but it's just a reminder that even under CNS the amount of kids that see the field for dependable play in any recruiting class is typically around 50%.

Last edited:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I too had not been aware that he was "no longer w the program"...

I guess that lick he put on the Sooner kick returner will have been his last hurrah as a member of the Crimson Tide...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Does anyone remember Dee's performance in the 2011 A-Day game? As an EE, he was making plays. No, he wasn't the prototypical Alabama RB. He did well that day and very well could have made an impact with Trent and Eddie in 2011 if he had not gotten injured.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Kamara is another story, but the "bad egg" label doesn't apply at all to Hart. Major injuries compiled with a natural lack of size held him back in Tuscaloosa, but we didn't have many guys who worked harder than he did. He was publicly lauded by Saban several times, if you recall.

Obviously the arrest is another issue entirely, but that doesn't change the fact that Hart was a hard worker and otherwise positive presence during his time at Alabama.
That's fair. I wasn't intending to knock his work ethic, I was more referring to moral character. I know possession isn't exactly the biggest deal in the world, and I'm not going to label him a thug like it's so easy to do at times. However, lying to an arresting officer, plus giving a false name does indicate that there is a character issue at hand.

I've had no problems with Hart at all prior to this arrest. I agree that he has worked hard and done everything that is asked of him. I just don't ever see him being more than a special teamer or role player should he decide to stick it out with us, which it is apparent he isn't going to. I still wish him all the luck in the world, regardless of what he decides to do.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Back in my day at UA smoking a joint in front of a cop in most cases wouldn't get you arrested much less them doing stop and searches. Of course that period was the hey dey for sex, drugs and alcohol, not to mention rock and roll.
AKA - present day UA frat houses.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Correct. A totally different type of personality from Kamara...

KnockturnalTide

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 8, 2012
A, A
The SDS article on this....I like how the writer turns the table on us in the updated statement indicating Dee no longer being with the team. Somehow its Bama's fault that he reported incorrectly. Then in the comments someone tries to add fuel to the fire by bringing up the issues with Kamara.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
That's fair. I wasn't intending to knock his work ethic, I was more referring to moral character. I know possession isn't exactly the biggest deal in the world, and I'm not going to label him a thug like it's so easy to do at times. However, lying to an arresting officer, plus giving a false name does indicate that there is a character issue at hand.

I've had no problems with Hart at all prior to this arrest. I agree that he has worked hard and done everything that is asked of him. I just don't ever see him being more than a special teamer or role player should he decide to stick it out with us, which it is apparent he isn't going to. I still wish him all the luck in the world, regardless of what he decides to do.
I'm no proponent of legalizing weed, far from it, but getting caught with it doesn't mean the kid is immoral. If he did lie to police, that is wrong but I'd rather wait and hear the facts before throwing him under the bus.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm no proponent of legalizing weed, far from it, but getting caught with it doesn't mean the kid is immoral. If he did lie to police, that is wrong but I'd rather wait and hear the facts before throwing him under the bus.
He had to know if he got caught he'd be in trouble, right? So, immoral? No -- dumb for having it? YEP!

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Agree. The only problem is our depth at RB and he probably violated some University Laws.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.