BamaNation All-American

The Width and Breadth of Alabama Recruiting

Fascinating breakdown of our early offers, by position and state, for 2015.

Instate trails those in Florida and Georgia by more than 2 to 1. The position breakdown also gives us an early glimpse of priorities. More than 100 offers already are out.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by CrimsonEyeshade; February 14th, 2014 at 07:00 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team gtowntide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: The Width and Breadth of Alabama Recruiting

Well now the rest of the SEC can see who to target. Saban is the best player evaluator around.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

Really good article, and at the bottom of the page was a link to another recruiting article, this one dealing with Richie Petitbon, an OG from the DC area. Just hope we get the young man and he turns out to be as good a player as his grandpa was back in the late '50's.

RP3

Ol' RP1 was an All-SEC QB with Tulane, had a long pro career with a NFL championship when he played for the Bears and about three Superbowl rings as the DC with the Redskins in their hayday. He was also instrumental in Tulane beating Coach Bryant's first Alabama team in 1958. Took some of the edge off a trip to New Orleans for me....

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    Well now the rest of the SEC can see who to target. Saban is the best player evaluator around.
    That is exactly what happens. When Coach Saban offers anyone in the southeast, the barn is quick to offer the same players, as well. It's quite obvious that the barn has adopted this as their main recruiting tool.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

The only two other programs that I can recall having the ability to recruit nationally with this kind of success in my lifetime were Notre Dame and to a slightly lesser degree Nebraska.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    The only two other programs that I can recall having the ability to recruit nationally with this kind of success in my lifetime were Notre Dame and to a slightly lesser degree Nebraska.
    There was a time when I used to think that Texas had absolutely no excuse for ever losing a football game because of their talent level.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    i agree about nd. i remember it seemed like every year they were pulling in the best of the best, regardless of how the teams did on the field. if memory serves, tennessee used to do very well recruiting on a national scale in the early 90's. very little to pull from in-state, so they always looked all over the place to get their kids.
    "If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm." ~Vince Lombardi

"Anthony Grant could've beaten us tonight by 80," he said. "The fact that he beat us by 40 was a class act, and I appreciate that." ~ Toldeo head basketball coach Tod Kowalczyk after an 83 - 41 loss to Alabama on 1/3/11

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    I would imagine just watching who Bama offers and also offer the same would save or prevent from having to evaluate and save countless man hours of watching film. I wouldn't doubt that some Bama coaches also see what other teams recruit and study those recruits.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.