Kiffin Offers Two Out West Kids For Bama

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I like the return guy. His speed looked very impressive. He just cut loose when those other guys thought they had an angle on him. He had enough confidence in his speed to just keep going. So many guys stop to try to juke, but he didn't even take the foot off the gas.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Vids weren't available anymore for me.

But did anybody read the Barners comments at the end of the article. He posted the same response three times to Bama fans says (paraphrased) "you had 5 star players all over the field in Nov. and it didn't help you."

This must be the new "line" among the Barners. Seems like a "whistling past the graveyard" mentality to think that all these 5 stars will suddenly not matter now that Gus is down at the Barn.

I hope they keep on thinking that!

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

But did anybody read the Barners comments at the end of the article. He posted the same response three times to Bama fans says (paraphrased) "you had 5 star players all over the field in Nov. and it didn't help you."

This must be the new "line" among the Barners. Seems like a "whistling past the graveyard" mentality to think that all these 5 stars will suddenly not matter now that Gus is down at the Barn.

Oh how quickly they forget. Those were the same 5-stars that, when focused and playing to their abilities, won the previous two Iron Bowls by a combined score of 91-14. Good grief, it was 42-0 AT HALFTIME in 2012. Nah, recruiting doesn't matter at all.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Friend of mine asked me, "What's Kirk's 40 time"?
I said, "Well, on video it looks to be somewhere around a 2.6 lol". He's fast--real fast.
LOL Yep I agree. I am officially a fan. Would be huge if we could pull him.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

"It's the Jimmy's and Joe's--not X's and O's that win football games"
Paul "Bear" Bryant

I'll trust that he knew what he was talking about just a tad bit more than a jealous Auburn fan :)

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

If the boogs had to play this past season 10 times they would lose 3 games 8-9 of those 10. Although the ball always takes funny bounces and there is a certain amount of luck in close games, the uncanny luck they enjoyed last season doesn't happen often.

The boogs think Marshall made a great play against UGA and Bama (to tie the game) even though one was obviously pure luck and the other was an illegal play.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If the boogs had to play this past season 10 times they would lose 3 games 8-9 of those 10. Although the ball always takes funny bounces and there is a certain amount of luck in close games, the uncanny luck they enjoyed last season doesn't happen often.

The boogs think Marshall made a great play against UGA and Bama (to tie the game) even though one was obviously pure luck and the other was an illegal play.
They needed a last minute TD to beat MSU.

Had to get a late turnover to stop Ole Miss' comeback.

Beat an injured-JFF-Texas A&M. Should we imagine a healthy JFF?

Benefited from two DBs playing the ball and knocking it forward.

We all know about the Iron Bowl.

Auburn was very fortunate in several games in 2013. Those close games are the difference between a 12-0/11-1 season and a 8-4 season.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They needed a last minute TD to beat MSU.

Had to get a late turnover to stop Ole Miss' comeback.

Beat an injured-JFF-Texas A&M. Should we imagine a healthy JFF?

Benefited from two DBs playing the ball and knocking it forward.

We all know about the Iron Bowl.

Auburn was very fortunate in several games in 2013. Those close games are the difference between a 12-0/11-1 season and a 8-4 season.
They always struggle with Miss. St., but I knew when they played TAMU and JF was injured and not playing to his full potential they were injoying some great good fortune.

Of course, the bounce they got against Georgia was the most unpredictable and fortunate that I've ever seen. 1 in 1000 at best!

I don't really count the IB as lucky as much as we just played a B- game and would have won if we played a B+ game and the last "second" would have never even happened.

I'm just really happy FSU didn't blow it against them in the NC game!

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
They always struggle with Miss. St., but I knew when they played TAMU and JF was injured and not playing to his full potential they were injoying some great good fortune.

Of course, the bounce they got against Georgia was the most unpredictable and fortunate that I've ever seen. 1 in 1000 at best!

I don't really count the IB as lucky as much as we just played a B- game and would have won if we played a B+ game and the last "second" would have never even happened.

I'm just really happy FSU didn't blow it against them in the NC game!

hey, we play football too...maybe we can talk more about Bama, and less on that other school... ;)

this was a thread started about two potential recruits, right?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
hey, we play football too...maybe we can talk more about Bama, and less on that other school... ;)

this was a thread started about two potential recruits, right?
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread but the videos weren't available to me when I clicked the link but the Barner drivel was and it caught my attention. It was connected, by the way, because I was making fun of them saying "highly rated recruits" must not matter.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
The wide receiver, RB, DB, Kick Returner is scary fast and quick, and I can't recall seeing a pure passer with the speed and running ability of Barnett, The QB.
Videos of both and the story here.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/02/alabama_extends_offers_to_wr_c.html

Kirk seems too find the holes well,see the field well.Then its off too the Races very Impressive. Barnett looked very fast running at 6'4, I'm not so sold on his his throws, But I really liked Ricky Towns. The only thing I didn't like with Barnett was he throwed the ball in places that could have been picked off. I do like The added running ability. Thanks for the videos they both look like too good prospects.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.