Jameis Winston: Dallas to Dallas

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
For him to be only a Sophomore, it seems Coach Jimbo (and/or his baseball coach) is allowing Winston to talk a lot. Winston is already talking repeat with this "Dallas to Dallas" (opener against OkSt and then the first playoff game in Dallas). If this is really their team slogan, they could be setting themselves up for a lot of pressure and a big letdown. Even when you say the right things, the pressure to repeat can be more than difficult enough. Sure, they'll breeze through the ACC but with the way they played against Auburn, they may not do so well in two rounds of the playoffs against good teams.

Link-> http://espn.go.com/college-football...ys-florida-state-seminoles-goal-dallas-dallas

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Nothing wrong with the goal or slogan IMO.

I just hope they are doing what CNS preaches against and that is to think that because they were champions last year that means they will be champions this year.

It's a whole new year (and era).

Hope Bama comes out hungrier than ever and they come out feeling entitled!

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
No offense but, you guys are just digging for stuff to complain about.

If Bama opened the year in Dallas we would be using the same slogan, I think it's actually pretty catchy. Whatever helps to motivate. I'm not going to jump on FSU for gloating a little, they deserve to for now plus, any team that makes the aubs cry is okay in my book.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They have a woefully easy road to the playoffs. Unless they stop working, I see them making the playoffs. I do not see them winning the championship.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I have no problems with this at all. Every team has the stated goal of winning a championship, especially if they just won the previous one. It doesn't become any worse just because he attached a slogan to it. I agree that JW is an arrogant jerk, but I doubt that this is any different than what anyone else would do in the same situation.

There is one thing that JW is forgetting though. Last year they flew under the radar all year, so no one saw them coming. This year they will have a target on their backs and everyone will be gunning for them. That makes a huge difference over the course of a season, and these comments will only pour gasoline on that fire. Here's hoping they do come back to bite him in the butt in the long run.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Nothing wrong with him saying it. Much harder to win the second one, especially in a row. That's why there is only one team that has done it during the BCS. I suspect it will be that much harder with the new playoff format. FSU, assuming they make the playoff, will have to play 2 legitimate football teams in a row to win the championship.

WsN

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 15, 2013
I have no problems with this at all. Every team has the stated goal of winning a championship, especially if they just won the previous one. It doesn't become any worse just because he attached a slogan to it. I agree that JW is an arrogant jerk, but I doubt that this is any different than what anyone else would do in the same situation.

There is one thing that JW is forgetting though. Last year they flew under the radar all year, so no one saw them coming. This year they will have a target on their backs and everyone will be gunning for them. That makes a huge difference over the course of a season, and these comments will only pour gasoline on that fire. Here's hoping they do come back to bite him in the butt in the long run.
When you beat teams the way FSU did last year, I think each opponents knew what they were facing. I also believe two things were revealed during the Championship game: 1) FSU defense laid the wood on Aub QB each time, IMO, he started looking for the hit. 2) Winston don't like to be knocked down...keep as much pressure as possible in his face. I truly hope that we stop catching defenders and start applying pressure---especially against these spread/option type teams.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Sadly, I think FSU has grounds to be arrogant because (1) they have talent and (2) they have an easy as sin schedule. I seriously hope the new committee doesn't invite a team that is undefeated or 1 loss for those reasons alone.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
For him to be only a Sophomore, it seems Coach Jimbo (and/or his baseball coach) is allowing Winston to talk a lot. Winston is already talking repeat with this "Dallas to Dallas" (opener against OkSt and then the first playoff game in Dallas). If this is really their team slogan, they could be setting themselves up for a lot of pressure and a big letdown. Even when you say the right things, the pressure to repeat can be more than difficult enough. Sure, they'll breeze through the ACC but with the way they played against Auburn, they may not do so well in two rounds of the playoffs against good teams.

Link-> http://espn.go.com/college-football...ys-florida-state-seminoles-goal-dallas-dallas
Then again, they play in the ACC. Who's going to beat them? Duke? The Mighty Terrapins? Wake?

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

With the way they played against Albarn? Albarn was reading their signals the 1st half, while this isn't illegal it gives an unfair advantage. We all saw what happened the 2nd half when aubies weren't able to read the play calling. They got their tails stomped.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I like & can appreciate being a tad bit arrogant, I hope all our Players feels the exact same way, but, I still cannot stand Jameis..The dude gets under my skin like select few can..He's the one I hope we face in the NC Game this coming season & we shut him the heck up..Hard..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.