Devo's Bob Casale Dead at Age 61

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Devo's Bob Casale Dies of Heart Failure

Devo guitarist Bob Casale died Monday, his brother and band mate announced Tuesday. Casale was 61. He was known by fans as "Bob 2" since he played alongside guitarist Bob Mothersbaugh, the brother of Devo co-founder Mark Mothersbaugh.

"As an original member of Devo, Bob Casale was there in the trenches with me from the beginning," his brother and band mate Gerald Casale said in a Facebook posting. "He was my level-headed brother, a solid performer and talented audio engineer, always giving more than he got."

This is one problem he can't whip.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
RIP Bob 2

DEVO was way ahead of their time.

Just an fyi, MM currently does the music for ShowTime's House of Lies
About 15+ years ago, my neighbor's young daughter had a Rugrats tape. (Yes, the days of going to Blockbusters, and bringing home a VHS!) His wife..............well, she is not tolerant of the kind of bad taste I revel in. Nice girl, but...........

Anyway, I picked up the tape, and said "Hey, Ken...............did you see who wrote the music on this? Some guy named Mark Mothersbaugh. Wonder who he is?"

"Uh, is he the guy who makes that weird stuff that you listen to?"

I grinned.

His face got long.............................."We don't need to tell Debbie about this, ok?"

Would have been the last Rugrats tape his daughter ever watched.

Luckily, she is now in college, so he won't freak out when I tell him that he did the music for the new Legos Movie.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
About 15+ years ago, my neighbor's young daughter had a Rugrats tape. (Yes, the days of going to Blockbusters, and bringing home a VHS!) His wife..............well, she is not tolerant of the kind of bad taste I revel in. Nice girl, but...........

Anyway, I picked up the tape, and said "Hey, Ken...............did you see who wrote the music on this? Some guy named Mark Mothersbaugh. Wonder who he is?"

"Uh, is he the guy who makes that weird stuff that you listen to?"

I grinned.

His face got long.............................."We don't need to tell Debbie about this, ok?"

Would have been the last Rugrats tape his daughter ever watched.

Luckily, she is now in college, so he won't freak out when I tell him that he did the music for the new Legos Movie.
everything is Awesome..... great now that's in my head for the rest of the day

RIP Bob 2

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Watched several Devo videos today. Something I didn't catch when I was a kid is how much social commentary they were putting into their quirky little ditties. An atypical Devo offering, featuring Bob 2 in a short solo:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.