Ole Miss’ Nkemdiche Brothers Sued For Battery, Alleged Victim Seeking $2 Million

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Looks like someone is trying to cash in after I guess he got his backside kicked by the brothers..My ego can live with a butt kicking for a cool $2 million payday..I won't be surprised in the least if it's awarded to him..Our court system has become a laughing stock by awarding frivolous lawsuits..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If he didn't start it & got hurt at their hands..He should receive something..Sounds like the brothers were drunk off their backside & beat the crap out of the dude..I wonder who really started it, and if the we're kicking him, after he was unconscious on the ground, I'd sue the hell out of them at least to cover all of the medical required after the beaten..Kids I'll be kids, but, unless you're defending yourself, don't go around beaten people up..

lmao...this guy won't see a dime

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's what I was trying to figure out & understand..It doesn't matter if they're drunk, you can't knock someone out, and kick them while they're unconscious, that's criminal & should land you in jail..

If the info in the original link is accurate, why weren't criminal charges brought?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
“When this alleged incident occurred, the proper authorities investigated the matter and could find no evidence of wrong-doing related to Denzel and Robert Nkemdiche or any other members of our football program,” the statement said. “This is a personal matter for them and we will support Denzel and Robert while they defend themselves in this civil case.”
Yep...they were all back at their respective apartments, sitting around in their footie pajamas, having hot chocolate and studying for their quantam physics exam.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If this happened as described, the police department needs to be investigated for not bringing these players to justice. With the specific injuries mentioned in the article, medical evidence is sure to exist. Doesn't sound like the players were even brought in for questioning.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
If this happened as described, the police department needs to be investigated for not bringing these players to justice. With the specific injuries mentioned in the article, medical evidence is sure to exist. Doesn't sound like the players were even brought in for questioning.
Sounds like the Forced Sex University case, doesn't it?

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
If he didn't start it & got hurt at their hands..He should receive something..Sounds like the brothers were drunk off their backside & beat the crap out of the dude..I wonder who really started it, and if the we're kicking him, after he was unconscious on the ground, I'd sue the hell out of them at least to cover all of the medical required after the beaten..Kids I'll be kids, but, unless you're defending yourself, don't go around beaten people up..
Sounds to me like this might not be such a frivolous lawsuit. Too many players (people) think they can do whatever they want with no consequences.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Something a bit odd - they waited until the day after the statute of limitations expired to file this suit. I know that there can be many reasons for this, but it does make one wonder about their ability to get a conviction on the criminal charges.

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Yep...they were all back at their respective apartments, sitting around in their footie pajamas, having hot chocolate and studying for their quantam physics exam.
I know, this is completely ridiculous - there's no way Ole Miss has physics classes

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Looks like someone is trying to cash in after I guess he got his backside kicked by the brothers..My ego can live with a butt kicking for a cool $2 million payday..I won't be surprised in the least if it's awarded to him..Our court system has become a laughing stock by awarding frivolous lawsuits..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
Part of your comment seems borderline political.

If what's alleged in the article is true I'd be suing everybody involved including the fraternity, Ole Miss, the police department and all the other players combined for a lot more than $2 million.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
No doubt about that..I'd sue to if it had happened to me as well..When he was unconscious on the ground, there's no reason to continue the assault, I agree 100% with ya..Mob style mentality is particularly dangerous when they're big, strong football players..
Part of your comment seems borderline political.

If what's alleged in the article is true I'd be suing everybody involved including the fraternity, Ole Miss, the police department and all the other players combined for a lot more than $2 million.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Drunk guys do stupid things. Let's keep the court systems clogged with this ridiculous nonsense. Just like in Kristen Saban's case, this probably should and will get thrown out. If no criminal charges were filed, then this "victim" is trying to legally extort money from two men who will soon become millionaires. Plus, if their case was filed AFTER the statute of limitations was up, well they just may be SOL.

ETA: I bet the part we haven't heard about is the existence of racial slurs being thrown about. And, if that is the case, the victim deserved the beat down. Sorry, not sorry.

And, I don't think Ole Miss would say this if they believed that the brothers were guilty.

“When this alleged incident occurred, the proper authorities investigated the matter and could find no evidence of wrong-doing related to Denzel and Robert Nkemdiche or any other members of our football program,” the statement said. “This is a personal matter for them and we will support Denzel and Robert while they defend themselves in this civil case.”

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
ETA: I bet the part we haven't heard about is the existence of racial slurs being thrown about. And, if that is the case, the victim deserved the beat down. Sorry, not sorry.
Ummm, no. Slurs do not deserve this kind of beating. Never. If someone isn't mature enough to walk away from name calling, they need to go back to the 4th grade.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I agree. Yet another thug we were fortunate to miss on.
Was this intended to be sarcasm? I only check because we should be careful not to sling stones in this case considering a lawsuit because of a party beatdown is the same thing that was pursued against Saban's own daughter this past year. Who knows if the situations are comparable at all, but at this point the Nkemdiche story is still nothing but allegations so I'd have a hard time believing this is anything but some college guy trying to win the lottery.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Was this intended to be sarcasm? I only check because we should be careful not to sling stones in this case considering a lawsuit because of a party beatdown is the same thing that was pursued against Saban's own daughter this past year. Who knows if the situations are comparable at all, but at this point the Nkemdiche story is still nothing but allegations so I'd have a hard time believing this is anything but some college guy trying to win the lottery.
You mean the lawsuit that was thrown out because the judge said Kristen was right in defending herself?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.