Ole Miss’ Nkemdiche Brothers Sued For Battery, Alleged Victim Seeking $2 Million

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
When I was in college (not at Bama or Ole Miss), we had a KA chapter and they were big into the antebellum South theme and the rebel flag was a big part of their chapter. Is that still the case or have they dialed that back a bit?

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
bamabelle1991
Not sure if that should have been in BLUE or not, but I also called them "young black men."

Are you equating "boys" to the "N" word? Sorry if I am just a little confused here.
Not equating the terms. Boy is defiantly a term historically considered offensive though and that was the criteria you listed.
I didn't take bamabelle's using the word "boys" as anything to do with race. It sounded like a mother talking about "boys". The fact that the word "boy" has racial connections and was used in a sentence doesn't necessarily correlate the two.

Growing up in South Alabama in the early 60's I heard that word used quite a lot.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
You mean like, oh, I don't know, calling them boys? :eek2:
That is way out of context. You're usually right on point, but her meaning in that post could not be more clearly opposite of what you inferred. You jumped on a word without understanding what was said in the entirety of the post. You're way off base confusing "young man" with a racial slur.

Last edited:

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
That is way out of context. You're usually right on point, but her meaning in that post could not be more clearly opposite of what you inferred. You jumped on a word without understanding what was said in the entirety of the post. You're way off base confusing "young man" with a racial slur.
All I did, was somewhat sarcastically call attention to her use of the word boy, not young man, in the same sentence that she said someone should be called out for using a phrase that is historically insensitive to black males. I think that is exactly in context.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
(blue font) Hugh Freeze was heard to say "People don't understand. This was a team building exercise. For a couple of those guys, this is the most "solid contact" they've had since arriving at Ole Miss." (blue font)

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I didn't take bamabelle's using the word "boys" as anything to do with race. It sounded like a mother talking about "boys". The fact that the word "boy" has racial connections and was used in a sentence doesn't necessarily correlate the two.

Growing up in South Alabama in the early 60's I heard that word used quite a lot.
I agree. I don't think she meant it that way. I just found the word being used in that sentence to be ironic.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
This reminds me of the time Rolando McClain got into a fight with a fraternity guy in Tuscaloosa.

McClain told Coach Saban his version of the facts - that antagonizing racial slurs were spoken by the victim.

Saban's reply: "You may be right - but is it worth $20 million to be right?" Because at that time, if McClain dropped from a 1st round pick to a 2nd or 3rd round due to perceived character issues, it might end up costing him $20 million.

The victims at Ole Miss may have 'deserved' a butt kicking... But the Nkemdiche brothers would've been wise to walk away.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
When I was in college (not at Bama or Ole Miss), we had a KA chapter and they were big into the antebellum South theme and the rebel flag was a big part of their chapter. Is that still the case or have they dialed that back a bit?
I was a KA in college, also not at Bama or Ole Miss. Based on what I gather from people who are still somewhat involved with our chapter and the order as a whole, it has been dialed WAY back. And, rightfully so, IMHO.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
People looking to be offended will find it every time.

All I know is I'm glad we did not get either one of these young men.
Totally agree on Point #2.
Point #1: When I was growing up, name calling was no big deal. You learned to get a thick skin and either returned the favor, or just took it and considered the source. A few times a physical confrontation may have resulted, but it seemed to always be kept to a minimum. The 'Sticks and Stones' tenet was more than likely the rule of thumb. Now it seems the thin-skinned would rather pummel someone at the risk of serious injury, just because they were called a name that was offensive to them. I'm not worried about what someone may call me. I'm more concerned about the sticks-and-stones, fists-and-feet, knives-and-guns, and let's not forget today's favorite pasttime...'The Knockout Game'. But that's a problem this PC World has created...you never really know where you stand with someone, because they're too wary of misspeaking and being labeled something they may not really be.
Roll Tide!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..My family & friends pick at each other by have pet names for each other..I'm reluctant to tell y'all mine, but, what the heck it's a funny nickname, that's stuck with me to this day..When I was a baby, my big sister would always watch mom change my diaper, well she paid the price one day.. Mom said my sister was standing beside her during one diaper change, and apparently I started to pee when the diaper was off, and th pee hit my sister in the face..

She never watched again, and my nickname "WeeWee" was born, and that's what my family & friends all call me..I'm so used to being called "WeeWee", I probably wouldn't know who they were talking to if they called me by my real name..LOL

Totally agree on Point #2.
Point #1: When I was growing up, name calling was no big deal. You learned to get a thick skin and either returned the favor, or just took it and considered the source. A few times a physical confrontation may have resulted, but it seemed to always be kept to a minimum. The 'Sticks and Stones' tenet was more than likely the rule of thumb. Now it seems the thin-skinned would rather pummel someone at the risk of serious injury, just because they were called a name that was offensive to them. I'm not worried about what someone may call me. I'm more concerned about the sticks-and-stones, fists-and-feet, knives-and-guns, and let's not forget today's favorite pasttime...'The Knockout Game'. But that's a problem this PC World has created...you never really know where you stand with someone, because they're too wary of misspeaking and being labeled something they may not really be.
Roll Tide!

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The only time I've heard "boy" be used as an insult is when George Jefferson and the little brother on Good Times used to complain about it.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Thanks for posting the update..Reading all that crooked lawyer speak defending their clients & alleging wrong doing by the Nkemdichie Bros is confusing as hell to me..I'm grateful Robert went to Ole Miss & isn't our problem to deal with now..He's a really good player, I don't think he lived up to the ungodly expectations put on him by the internet recruiting services..I'm not saying that in an attempt to downgrade him, cause I honestly think he could or will be on Clowney's level before he makes the jump to the NFL, he's not at that level, but, has the talent & all the tools needed to get to that level, question is will he put the work needed to get to that level & will he stay out of trouble on the journey to that level..
The Nkemdiche brothers filed a counter-suit against the guy. Link

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
Their attorney Steve Farese is a big time attorney around Memphis. He is either doing this pro bono or somebody else is footing the bill. His services are way out of the Nkemdichie budget. I wonder if getting free attorney assistance is against NZAA rules and regulations?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Thanks for posting the update..Reading all that crooked lawyer speak defending their clients & alleging wrong doing by the Nkemdichie Bros is confusing as hell to me..I'm grateful Robert went to Ole Miss & isn't our problem to deal with now..He's a really good player, I don't think he lived up to the ungodly expectations put on him by the internet recruiting services..I'm not saying that in an attempt to downgrade him, cause I honestly think he could or will be on Clowney's level before he makes the jump to the NFL, he's not at that level, but, has the talent & all the tools needed to get to that level, question is will he put the work needed to get to that level & will he stay out of trouble on the journey to that level..
Crooked Lawyer speak? Let's hope you don't ever find yourself trying to defend bogus charges... ;)

I hope both lawsuits get thrown out. The original one is frivolous and I don't blame the Nkemdiche's for filing the counterclaim.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Maybe I missed something - if he can't identify his attackers because he was knocked unconscious, who identified them? Also, not sure how he can be found guilty of making false accusations if he doesn't plan on naming his attackers himself. The police say that this is why they did not file charges - because he could not identify his attackers.

There is too much missing in the articles to even begin to form an informed opinion.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Their attorney Steve Farese is a big time attorney around Memphis. He is either doing this pro bono or somebody else is footing the bill. His services are way out of the Nkemdichie budget. I wonder if getting free attorney assistance is against NZAA rules and regulations?
He represented Mary Winkler, if I'm not mistaken; and did it pro bono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.