Ole Miss’ Nkemdiche Brothers Sued For Battery, Alleged Victim Seeking $2 Million

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
People are acquitted on criminal charges but lose civil lawsuits involving the same incident. See OJ Simpson.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The burden of proof is much lower: In criminal trials, the burden of proof is reasonable doubt, which means that a normal person should not have any serious doubt about the truth of the charges. Reasonable doubt is sometimes characterized as 95% certainty about the verdict. In civil trials, the burden of proof is usually the much weaker preponderance of the evidence, meaning that a normal person weighing all of the relevant evidence would consider the charges more likely true than not.

Also, depending on the area and size of the jury, the number of jurors needed to "win" is not always 100%.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Looks like someone is trying to cash in after I guess he got his backside kicked by the brothers..My ego can live with a butt kicking for a cool $2 million payday..I won't be surprised in the least if it's awarded to him..Our court system has become a laughing stock by awarding frivolous lawsuits..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
Same thoughts I had

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
In related news, I'd love for my occupation to be, "Ex-Auburn Head Football Coach." How many do they still have on payroll?
They're like Chip Ellis (car salesman with cheesy commercials. YouTube it if you're unfamiliar) they ARE the bank! They're not worried. They got it. LOL..

And I guess, in a sense, they keep paying until they find the right one. We just find our right one and pay him handsomely.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Ummm, no. Slurs do not deserve this kind of beating. Never. If someone isn't mature enough to walk away from name calling, they need to go back to the 4th grade.
We will have to agree to disagree here. Calling a young black man the "N" word is more than name calling--ESPECIALLY in Oxford Mississippi!! Seriously? If these boys were called derogatory words that are offensive historically to black men, then they deserved to get their butts beat. Name calling vs. HATE speech? Puleeze. No comparison.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We will have to agree to disagree here. Calling a young black man the "N" word is more than name calling--ESPECIALLY in Oxford Mississippi!! Seriously? If these boys were called derogatory words that are offensive historically to black men, then they deserved to get their butts beat. Name calling vs. HATE speech? Puleeze. No comparison.
If you hit someone you commit a very serious crime that can ruin your life. Deserving has nothing to do with it.

Stupid is the man who calls other men names, but even more stupid is the man willing to ruin his life to get even.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Was this intended to be sarcasm? I only check because we should be careful not to sling stones in this case considering a lawsuit because of a party beatdown is the same thing that was pursued against Saban's own daughter this past year. Who knows if the situations are comparable at all, but at this point the Nkemdiche story is still nothing but allegations so I'd have a hard time believing this is anything but some college guy trying to win the lottery.
Not in the least. Seems odd that 7 African American football players would be at the KA house in Oxford, MS of all places.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
You mean like, oh, I don't know, calling them boys? :eek2:

Last edited:

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
ETA: I bet the part we haven't heard about is the existence of racial slurs being thrown about. And, if that is the case, the victim deserved the beat down. Sorry, not sorry.
If this is true than the KA was right in deserving a beat down but also right to pursue criminal and civil charges. Sorry, you don't get a free pass in beating someone to a pulp simply because they offended you in something they said, no matter how offensive it may be.

Decisions and actions have consequence no matter how "justified" you believe those actions are.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
If this is true than the KA was right in deserving a beat down but also right to pursue criminal and civil charges. Sorry, you don't get a free pass in beating someone to a pulp simply because they offended you in something they said, no matter how offensive it may be.

Decisions and actions have consequence no matter how "justified" you believe those actions are.
I do not disagree with this completely. But, if you are a jerk frat boy who calls young black men the "N" word, then just by default I don't like you and hope that you lose said lawsuit. :) If the young black men had been students on financial aid, do you really think a lawsuit would have been filed? Even though they have the right, I still see this as legal extortion, just like in the Kristen Saban case.

This is my humble opinion. :)

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
You determining what someone deserves and that translating into a criminal or civil courtroom are entirely different universes. I don't mean to sound harsh but the idea that words being hurled at you, regardless of what they are, is deserving of hospitalization is flat out ludicrous.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
I do not disagree with this completely. But, if you are a jerk frat boy who calls young black men the "N" word, then just by default I don't like you and hope that you lose said lawsuit. :) If the young black men had been students on financial aid, do you really think a lawsuit would have been filed? Even though they have the right, I still see this as legal extortion, just like in the Kristen Saban case.

This is my humble opinion. :)
I will say you have set up a nice straw man. Could the KA have made a racist remark? Sure, but it's all pure speculation that you are using to prop up your position.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
If you call someone by that racial slur and get hit, you probably deserve it. If you call someone by that racial slur and get hit, get knocked out on the floor, and then get kicked repeatedly to where you need to go to the hospital the original offendees (not really a word) probably crossed the line.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Not sure if that should have been in BLUE or not, but I also called them "young black men."

Are you equating "boys" to the "N" word? Sorry if I am just a little confused here.
Not equating the terms. Boy is defiantly a term historically considered offensive though and that was the criteria you listed.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.