Link: Alabama Gets Two New Staff Members

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Aazaar Abdul-Rahim joins the staff as a defensive coach. He was a high school coach at Friendship Collegiate Academy, home to former Alabama recruits Jalen Tabor (signed with Florida) and Eddie Goldman (signed with FSU). Link here

One of the biggest names in Washington D.C. high school coaching is coming to Alabama.
Aazaar Abdul-Rahim, the coach of former Crimson Tide target Jalen Tabor, will join Nick Saban's staff as a defensive coach, according to the Washington Post. The paper reported he'd take a leave of absence from Friendship Collegiate Academy for the unspecified position.
Chris Mortensen's son Alex joins the staff as an offensive graduate assistant. Link here

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Aazaar Abdul-Rahim joins the staff as a defensive coach. He was a high school coach at Friendship Collegiate Academy, home to former Alabama recruits Jalen Tabor (signed with Florida) and Eddie Goldman (signed with FSU). Link here

Chris Mortensen's son Alex joins the staff as an offensive graduate assistant. Link here
At least it can't be said that he got his job as a result of delivering recruits...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama Intel also reporting another coaching hire:

interesting addition to the UA staff...former Carolina Panthers WR Keary Colbert...coached at Ga. St last year, played for Kiffin at USC

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I was invited to practice the day Alex Mortensen was visiting Alabama. At the time he was quiet the prospect. Price was coach (part of his forgotten 29 days here LOL). His dad, Chris, and I talked. He went on and on about how impressed he was with Alabama. Even paid me a compliment that I won't forget. :)

Anywho, this move doesn't surprise me. If Chris and Alex were impressed with Alabama then how much more so now? It isn't surprising that so many successful former athletes and those in the know in the sporting world want their children under Saban no matter where their personal allegiance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.