Oklahoma's Self-Reported Violations Shows How Absurd the NCAA Is

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Like we already didn't know, this shows how careful schools have to be to avoid the NCAA.

May 10, 2013

Violation:
Three current student-athletes received food in excess of NCAA regulation at a graduation banquet. The three had graduated from the school but returned for an additional season of competition. The players were provided pasta in excess of the permissible amount allowed. Resolution: The three were required to donate $3.83 each (the cost of the pasta serving) to a charity of their choice in order to be reinstated. The department provided rules education to applicable athletics department staff members.
Link for all

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Like we already didn't know, this shows how careful schools have to be to avoid the NCAA.
I'd be curous to know how much pasta is permissible under NCAA rules. As ridiculous as I know the rule book can be, I never imagined that there could possibly be a stated permissible amount of pasta at a graduation banquet. :rolleyes:

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Yup..Deserves the DP & there bowl win over us nullified..Obviously the pasta was a competitive advantage..
Pasta is carbs.

Carbs provide energy for endurance.

The HUNH runs more plays which requires endurance.

Therefore, ergo, vis a vie and et cetera, that pasta helped Oklahoma beat Bama in the Sugar Bowl.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Lock the guilty perps up and throw away the key, give Okla. the death penalty. Man! You can't have any danged free pasta, who do they think they are?

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The players were provided pasta in excess of the permissible amount allowed.
That's why the Sooners kicked Bama's backside in the Bowl game.
That is an unfair competitive advantage.
There. Now I feel better knowing that the only reason the Sooners won was that they were cheating, getting "pasta in excess of permissible amounts."

Last edited:

LTBamaFan

1st Team
Jul 31, 2002
Elmore, Al.
Now I know why The Sooners kicked Bama"s butt so bad . If there is not a rule yet, I think there should be severe penalties for feeding the team pasta.

CSA4Ever

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2010
The infamous Oklahoma pasta eaters have fessed up on twitter and begged for mercy. They were charged an additional $3.63 each so they paid $5.00 each fines and late fees.

The vicious pasta maulers are Gabe Ikard and Austin Wood (OL). They are terribly contrite but begged mercy from the NCAA because they were hooongry. (Okie talk)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Momma Mia!!!
That's funny!

The NCAA has outlived it's usefulness! By the way, it did that many moons ago.

Secret agents and now pasta. Did they give the Phat man some pasta to get him to be a secret witness? Or was it donuts?

Just when you think that organization may turning a new leaf, it goes and does this.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The infamous Oklahoma pasta eaters have fessed up on twitter and begged for mercy. They were charged an additional $3.63 each so they paid $5.00 each fines and late fees.

The vicious pasta maulers are Gabe Ikard and Austin Wood (OL). They are terribly contrite but begged mercy from the NCAA because they were hooongry. (Okie talk)
The only reason the Sooners curb stomped Bama was because they got extra pasta.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.