Link: Hoover to Open 2016 Season at Allen (Texas) High School

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Sadly most "experts" will still think Alabama teams will get stomped against Texas teams just because they think year in and year out Texas is the only state loaded with recruits and good teams. Alabama holds their own in both, and Hoover should beat Allen as well.

I remember when Hoover beat Nease everyone said they were simply not that good, yet Tebow led them to the state title that year. Of course Prattville didn't help our cause when they played their few big games:)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ehh more like Texas HS football hold their own against the big boys. ;) GO BUCS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You guys got some quality recruits coming in for the 2016 season? :wink:

Sadly most "experts" will still think Alabama teams will get stomped against Texas teams just because they think year in and year out Texas is the only state loaded with recruits and good teams. Alabama holds their own in both, and Hoover should beat Allen as well.

I remember when Hoover beat Nease everyone said they were simply not that good, yet Tebow led them to the state title that year. Of course Prattville didn't help our cause when they played their few big games:)
Was going to reply to your comment with what you said in your last sentence. I was at Prattville the year they lost to St. Xavier and was at the game they lost to Don Bosco. I did not attend the St. X game, so I can't really comment on that gone. Prattville was better than Don Bosco and should have whipped them. However, they made no adjustments on offense. I was sitting in the stands watching the middle of the field stay wide open for quick slant after quick slant while Prattville ran the ball straight into Bosco's defense.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
You guys got some quality recruits coming in for the 2016 season? :wink:

Was going to reply to your comment with what you said in your last sentence. I was at Prattville the year they lost to St. Xavier and was at the game they lost to Don Bosco. I did not attend the St. X game, so I can't really comment on that gone. Prattville was better than Don Bosco and should have whipped them. However, they made no adjustments on offense. I was sitting in the stands watching the middle of the field stay wide open for quick slant after quick slant while Prattville ran the ball straight into Bosco's defense.
Idk hoover is projected to be $20 million over the salary cap. ;)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
RTR I agree, Prattville definitely had more talent than Bosco and bailed them out time after time when they should have put a whooping on them. Of course Hoover blew the game in Ohio that they should have won too IIRC.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Well if these "experts" think Hoover going to be intimidated and simply roll over against a Texas team than they have another thing coming. Since 2003 Hoover has built a reputation from playing teams from different states.

2003- Evangle Christian LA W 21-14. Idk because I didn't see it.

2004- They didn't play anybody from out of state but went 15-0 and would have for sure held their own against anybody.

2005- Nease, FL W 50-29. Lead by Tim Tebow, he put up a great effort but at the end if the day one grasshopper is no match for eleven fire ants. Also Charlie Kirshman was on that team as well.

2006- Union, OK W 34-7. They had a 56 game win streak and it took a team from Alabama to snap it.

John Curtis, LA L 28-14. Hoover jumped out to a 14-0 lead but JC made the adjustments and Joe McKnight had his way.

2007- Colerain, OH L 20-17 OT Hoover could have won that game had they tried a FG inside the 30 but instead they ran the ball in the final seconds.

2008- Camden County, GA L 44-16. I didn't watch the game but I remember they ran a triple option offense however...

2009- Camden County, GA W 30-27 in a return game Hoover got them. I didn't watch that game because I was in boot camp.

2010- Byrnes, SC W 14-0 a power like Hoover this was the first time they had been shutout since 1999. Marcus Lattimore went to that school but he had graduated the year before.

2011- South Panola, MS W 24-14 idk because I didn't watch the game.

2012- South Panola, MS W 35-10 didn't watch that game either.

2013- Colquitt County, GA W 24-10 coached by Rush Propst Hoover started out sloppy but made adjustments.

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
RTR I agree, Prattville definitely had more talent than Bosco and bailed them out time after time when they should have put a whooping on them. Of course Hoover blew the game in Ohio that they should have won too IIRC.
Well looking back at the record books, Prattville has had less success than Hoover when it comes to playing out of state teams.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I was at that Curtis game. Joe McKnight won that one for them. Those two big TD passes to him was the difference. I still think Hoover should have beat them but like you said when they went up 14-0 they thought it was over but it was only beginning.

Colerain was given their win as well. IIRC Rush even had a good kicker that year too.

And yes it seemed like Prattville was the deer in the headlights when they played on t.v.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I was at that Curtis game. Joe McKnight won that one for them. Those two big TD passes to him was the difference. I still think Hoover should have beat them but like you said when they went up 14-0 they thought it was over but it was only beginning.

Colerain was given their win as well. IIRC Rush even had a good kicker that year too.

And yes it seemed like Prattville was the deer in the headlights when they played on t.v.
Yeah he did. The key to beating Hoover is doing it as a team. VERY rarely does one man ever do that. I can only think of one other occasion when that happened and that was 2005 against Tuscaloosa County when their QB had 6 rushing TD's. Although Hoover beat them in the playoffs 42-8 in a rematch. As for Hoover playing as a team has always been their bread and butter as oppose to having some All American QB or RB carrying the team or having like 6-8 D1 prospects like a lot of other powers around the country have.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
When we went to the Hoover/Curtis game some kid (I say kid, he was probably 19) was wearing about 4 on his finger that John Curtis won sitting in front of us.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
When we went to the Hoover/Curtis game some kid (I say kid, he was probably 19) was wearing about 4 on his finger that John Curtis won sitting in front of us.
Yeah they had already won like 20 state championships at that point. Of course they are a private school and can "recruit" players to come.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Oh yea they definitely hand pick kids down that way for sure.

Of course these days even the public schools are recruiting.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Oh yea they definitely hand pick kids down that way for sure.

Of course these days even the public schools are recruiting.
Also that wouldn't be possible for Hoover kids to get 4 rings because freshman don't dress out for varsity otherwise I would have gotten one in '04. Also to the best of my knowledge, Hoover has won more games than any other team in the country since 2000 with a 199-21 record.

lazlohollyfeld

1st Team
Jul 20, 2010
Allen, TX
Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Lazlo, I'm not sure there are any Hoover fans left after being beaten by Spain Park 17-0 for the first time ever Thursday night....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.