Alabama Adds La-Monroe to 2015 Schedule

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Personally, I'd rather see a home and home against a major program.
There's one way that happens. The ACC appears to want to schedule a SEC team for each team every year. That leads to the question of a 9 game conference schedule. If the SEC goes to 9 conference games, it most likely wouldn't agree to the ACC's wants. If it doesn't go to a 9 game schedule, the ACC game can be the "tough" game each year with two middle of the pack games.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I missed the ULM game in 07 due to work. I had a deadline for the following Monday and was trying to finish. The game wasn't televised (except for PPV) and I fgured Bamam would win no matter what. I only found out about the loss because my friend told me. I thought he was just crewing with me and didn't believe him. Then I turned on ESPN and went into a rant that cannot be repeated here.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Yeah- I went to the Independence Bowl that year and there were a bunch of LSU fans there wearing shirts that said: ULM 21 BAMA 14......sad that they would spend their money to harrass and heckle Bama fans in a bowl game that their school had nothing to do with.
UAB 13, LSU 10 - wasn't that the only reason the extension center's BOT even approved 'Bama's hiring of Saban in the first place?

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Back to the 14 week schedule in 2015. Because of the playoffs, this year(2014) may very well be the last time we ever have a 15 week schedule. I really do like the way Bama's 2014 schedule is evened out at 4-4-4. Looking at other teams that are likely to be in the playoff mix, F$U plays 2-5-5, Oregon 4-6-2, and Oklahoma will play either a 4-3-5 or a 4-3-4-1 depending on whether they play Oklahoma State on 11/29 or 12/6.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
For the people who don't attend games at least it will not be on Pay Per View because of the SEC Network.
but some of us might not have SEC network. Comcast still doesn't know but my guess is it will be additional and you also have to get Big10 and the whole sports package. This great from September to January somewhat OK from January to mid March and pretty darn lousy mid March to the end of August

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
This great from September to January somewhat OK from January to mid March and pretty darn lousy mid March to the end of August
You will also have lots of baseball and softball from March-early May. I imagine they would also air a lot more of the regionals hosted by SEC schools in both of those sports in May and June.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
but some of us might not have SEC network. Comcast still doesn't know but my guess is it will be additional and you also have to get Big10 and the whole sports package. This great from September to January somewhat OK from January to mid March and pretty darn lousy mid March to the end of August
I would imagine the SECN will do something similar to the B10N and replay classic football and basketball games during the summer months which is not great but is not totally lousy.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
A "revenge game" for us fans perhaps, and maybe some of the coaches, but not so much for the players. Obviously none of them were here for that and 8 years will have passed by the time the game is played. Having said that, it would be nice to settle that score a bit.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
The ULM game in 2007 is the only game I have ever attended at BDS. It seemed like an easy win, but we were in the area and tickets were affordable.
We were not prepared to see our team get embarrassed like that. When it started raining in the 4th that was our cue to head out.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I see it as a recruiting opportunity as much as anything. We recruit Monroe pretty hard. Why not schedule a game with the home town team that gives us 5* studs?

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
That 2007 loss to ULM was my first date with my now wife.

I guess we could go to the 2015 game and call it an anniversary...with a much better outcome of course.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.