Alabama Adds La-Monroe to 2015 Schedule

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click here

The University of Alabama has reached an agreement to host Louisiana Monroe in 2015, TideSports.com has learned.

The football game is scheduled for Sept. 26, 2015. The terms of the contract were not immediately available, although it's believed Alabama will pay Louisiana Monroe less than the $1.4 million Southern Miss got for its September 2014 game with the Crimson Tide.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I was at the other game...All I can say is "Jimmy Johns played running back" and you get the rest of it.

I really think if he would have been at linebacker it would have turned out different, but I disgress.

Worst defeat I've ever witnessed first hand (maybe on par with the beating we took from Virginia Tech in the Music City Bowl a few years ago).

If I'm lucky to be back for this one I expect a much better outcome!!!

Last edited:

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
Yeah- I went to the Independence Bowl that year and there were a bunch of LSU fans there wearing shirts that said: ULM 21 BAMA 14......sad that they would spend their money to harrass and heckle Bama fans in a bowl game that their school had nothing to do with.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Yeah- I went to the Independence Bowl that year and there were a bunch of LSU fans there wearing shirts that said: ULM 21 BAMA 14......sad that they would spend their money to harrass and heckle Bama fans in a bowl game that their school had nothing to do with.

I was at that same game. We played Colorado. Do you remember the ULM-Bama billboard they bought to remind us bama fans going to and leaving streetport?

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
They are the worst fans I've ever encountered, bar none.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
They knew Saban would be their master and had to get in as many shots as possible.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I went to the Independence Bowl in 2006. LSU fans were there tailgating. Them showing up in 2007 wasn't their first time.

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
Yeah I was at both of those Independence Bowl games. In 2006 there were just as many LSU fans as in 2007, but they found it hilarious that their former coach went 6-6 at Bama while they were going to be playing in the BCSNC game a couple of weeks later. Looks like we have had the last laugh since then though.

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
Yeah- I remember the billboard. I had heard about it before I saw it. I realize that this was at the height of Saban-envy from LSU fans but it was still surprising. We were 6-6 corndogs! Playing for a winning record- not a championship.

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
They are the worst fans I've ever encountered, bar none.
By far the worst fans i have encountered. Baton Rouge was a nightmare the year we beat em with those two late tds in the 4th. I think they were both deflected too- really fun leaving the game that day with my Bama friends. BTW- I notice that you are from Cullman- my Dad lives there and I recently visited him and attended DayStar that Sunday....cool church

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.