Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama Offers Scholarship to 15 RBs Thus Far in 2015 Recruiting Cycle

Alabama has one RB commit for the 2015 class so far (Desherrius Flowers) and has offered 14 more according to 247Sports.

When these guys get to campus, Alabama's RB depth chart will look like the below:

Senior
    TJ Yeldon
    Kenyan Drake

Junior
    Derrick Henry
    Altee Tenpenny

RS Sophomore
    Tyren Jones

Sophomore (or RS Freshman)
    Bo

The number of 15 is higher than any year that 247 has on record. Clearly, Saban and Kiffin are putting an emphasis on RBs.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Alabama Offers Scholarship to 15 RBs Thus Far in 2015 Recruiting Cycle

I just saw Flowers junior year highlights and we are getting an explosive RB. He hits the hole fast and hard and is a tough runner. I see why we offered him early. Do you think we take 2 more in this class?

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Alabama has one RB commit for the 2015 class so far (Desherrius Flowers) and has offered 14 more according to 247Sports.

When these guys get to campus, Alabama's RB depth chart will look like the below:

Senior
    TJ Yeldon
    Kenyan Drake

Junior
    Derrick Henry
    Altee Tenpenny

RS Sophomore
    Tyren Jones

Sophomore (or RS Freshman)
    Bo

The number of 15 is higher than any year that 247 has on record. Clearly, Saban and Kiffin are putting an emphasis on RBs.
    I hope you are right and the depth chart does look that good in two years. That would mean no more attrition and no early NFL'ers.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by jabcmb View Post
    I hope you are right and the depth chart does look that good in two years. That would mean no more attrition and no early NFL'ers.
    TJ should be going pro. Running backs have very short shelf lives in the NFL. They need to get to that second contract before their body wears down too much.

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

At the rate we are losing them, I think that 15 sounds about right. We will probably take 3 in 2015.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

We offered a kid up in my neck of the woods yesterday. LJ Scott Hubbard, OH

Super Moderator

If you look back to USC, Kiffen utilized two RB's with totally different body makeup and skill sets - guys named White and Bush. Right now, we generally recruit only one type of RB most years - guys closer to the skill set of White. I think this would serve as a sign that RB will feature two different kinds of guys now.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BAMARICH View Post
    If you look back to USC, Kiffen utilized two RB's with totally different body makeup and skill sets - guys named White and Bush. Right now, we generally recruit only one type of RB most years - guys closer to the skill set of White. I think this would serve as a sign that RB will feature two different kinds of guys now.
    The smaller RB's during the Saban era has not worked out and I don't see us changing that unless someone of Bush's skill set is out there. Terry Grant played a lot in Saban's first year but did nothing the next year. Dee Hart was a 5* but did not get many touches. Give me the 210 - 240 lb back that runs like the wind and I will be happy.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    The smaller RB's during the Saban era has not worked out and I don't see us changing that unless someone of Bush's skill set is out there. Terry Grant played a lot in Saban's first year but did nothing the next year. Dee Hart was a 5* but did not get many touches. Give me the 210 - 240 lb back that runs like the wind and I will be happy.
    Dee showed plenty of potential in Alabama's system during the 2011 A-Day game. Corey Grant left before he had a chance to make an impact. Kamara transferred because he couldn't stay out of trouble.

Those are the only 3 smaller RBs Saban has signed at Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It is hard to equate schematic fit when both those guys got dinged up and ended up not panning out.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I wonder how may of the 15 we would take a commit on. I don't know but I suspect this to be a lot of recruits wanting to have an Alabama offer on their resume to boost their chances of landing somewhere.

BamaNation All-SEC

Dee Hart also blew out his knee twice. We'll probably never know what actual potential he had. All I know is, in the Army AA game (I think that's right) he looked really good. Not the biggest guy but fast and elusive.

Hard to retain that speed with a bum knee.

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Just when it seemed Dee was turning the corner and was showing out on Punt Returns he blew his knee the 2nd time and that was it. I think we need that "change of pace" back, at least one on the roster. Kind of like Yeldon and Henry then throw in Drake on his speed and it kills most defenses. Of course Drake has gotten big himself but it still helps.

I think if Bo qualifies we take 2 RB's. If not, we take 3 in this class. I still think it will be Flowers and Kerryon Johnson even though I think Kerryon might make the move to WR or the slot. Then we still have his teammate Malik Miller the year after next as well who is our typical RB we like unless he outgrows the position (he is already about 6' 220lbs as a Sophomore this year). I think there is another in state kid I'm forgetting too, might be the kid from Leeds Tre Nation.