Link: Dutch speedskating coach: US football 'sucks'

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Easy there buddy cause we take our "American Football" seriously pal..Come to Bryant Denny, Tiger Stadium, Jordan Hare or any college & Pro stadiums when they're rocking during games before putting our sport down..

I don't like soccer, but, watching their fans enjoy themselves, I have a lot of respect for the game, same goes for rugby, their fans gets rowdy during games..Now speed skating, not so much, only thing it has going for itself, is looking at the female skaters wearing those tight uniforms, that's the only aspect of the sport I like..LOL

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Easy there buddy cause we take our "American Football" seriously pal..Come to Bryant Denny, Tiger Stadium, Jordan Hare or any college & Pro stadiums when they're rocking during games before putting our sport down..

I don't like soccer, but, watching their fans enjoy themselves, I have a lot of respect for the game, same goes for rugby, their fans gets rowdy during games..Now speed skating, not so much, only thing it has going for itself, is looking at the female skaters wearing those tight uniforms, that's the only aspect of the sport I like..LOL

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
A large segment of our country grew up only seeing ice skating during the Olympics - why would it be a big deal to us? Guy is a jerk...we dress up in spandex to ice skate, let the Dutch come dress out and line up. Then he can talk.
And I'm not sure where he gets the "Dutch are better in baseball" thing from - MLB could field at least 3 full teams that would kill anything the Dutch put on the field, and 8-10 more that would win more than they lost. Seems that he likes to listen to himself talk, and knocking Americans is a favorite past time of most foreigners anyway, so he has had his 15 minutes.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Plenty of us think soccer sucks but it is the most popular sport in the world. Not news.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
What little American Football this guy has seen was problem during NFL Europe. To be true, I have to admit when I first saw American football I considered it "sissy rugby". As I gained knowledge of the sport, and understood why the players stopped to talk about it (the huddle) during the game and the rules of the game, I started to thoroughly enjoy the game. I have been an Alabama fan since 1980 when I moved to the south.

Have to admit, I also have have a deep passion for what ya'll call soccer but its official name is "Association Football" and was invented by the English. I get just as much out of a 'soccer' game featuring my favorite team, Manchester City (and any team that beats Man United or Chelsea), as I do watched the Crimson Tide roll over its opponents.

What I am really saying is that the Dutch skating coach is not so much a jerk as some of you might think, but he is coming from a foreign opposite perspective when viewing American Football. He watches Erdivisie, the European Cup and the World Cup later this year and in winter, when the canals are frozen, he probably speed skates to the games. He has very little exposure to the NFL or college game. Once I understood the rules and tactics, I love American Football and this guy doesn't. I'm sure I would enjoy ice hockey if I really understood the rules like my nephews do in Canada.

Last edited:

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Plenty of us think soccer sucks but it is the most popular sport in the world. Not news.
Look, I love love love football (American, that is), but soccer most certainly does not suck. I used to think so too until my kids started playing and I really learned about the game. It is a superb game, full of nuance and strategy and tremendous tension. Not to mention, soccer players as a group are unbelievable athletes. I don't follow MLS or the European leagues or anything, but I can certainly appreciate why it's so popular. If you ever really take the time to watch it, learn it, and study it a bit, it really is pretty cool.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
To me soccer is a great sport to play, but, to sit & watch it for 3-4 hours is torment to me..I dunno..I Love playing it , but, I don't have the patients to sit & watch a game..Same goes for tennis or golf..I Love playing them, but, can't sit through a game watching it..Same goes for baseball as well..
Look, I love love love football (American, that is), but soccer most certainly does not suck. I used to think so too until my kids started playing and I really learned about the game. It is a superb game, full of nuance and strategy and tremendous tension. Not to mention, soccer players as a group are unbelievable athletes. I don't follow MLS or the European leagues or anything, but I can certainly appreciate why it's so popular. If you ever really take the time to watch it, learn it, and study it a bit, it really is pretty cool.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
All a big bloviation for challenging the Crimson Tide to

[video=youtube;UhTMEePk6D4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UhTMEePk6D4[/video]

a winner-take-all Fierljeppen match.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Soccer is the most popular sport in the world in much the same way Wal-mart is the most popular department store in America, so that's not really saying much. And they both suck.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.