Link: Dutch speedskating coach: US football 'sucks'

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Does soccer halftime & timeouts that adds into the length of the game, I'm sorry if if this is a dumb question, I honestly don't know if they do or not..
FYI a soccer game has two 45 minute halves with 15 minute half time. If that adds up to 3-4 hours, then I think you must have gone to Auburn.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Does soccer halftime & timeouts that adds into the length of the game, I'm sorry if if this is a dumb question, I honestly don't know if they do or not..
They stop the clock for timeouts, and there is a little time added to the end of each half for injuries, but a soccer match is generally over in about 2 hours, all included.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Why not give credit to the effort of his Dutch Skaters rather than focusing on downing America?
Anyway, I think soccer is a great games for kids because it gets them running early in their lives and helps them develop stronger hearts, lung capacity, leg muscles, coordination etc.
The only problem I ever had with soccer is that it was played at the same time as Little League Baseball and most kids played both sports.
The select soccer coach refused to work out a compatible practice schedule where one sport didn't detract from the other, and he basically tried to get his soccer kids to stop playing baseball all together.
My all-star catcher was also a great soccer player. We were one game away from the Little League State Championship, and his Mom came up to me and said, "Preston's soccer coach said he can't miss his soccer practice to play in the championship game".
I looked at her in disbelief and said, "Kathy, me, my assistants and 13 other kids have worked all summer for this moment. Please don't let that soccer coach take away all that effort because of his bull headedness".
Well, Pres showed up and we won the state championship. BUT, I've had a little of a sour grapes taste for soccer ever since that occurrence. Still, it's a great game for kids if kept in perspective. sip

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
This thread and the responses are puzzling.

Why would anyone give a gray, fuzzy, darn about what a Dutch skating coach thinks and says about american football? Offseason football boredom? :conf2: Lives so fulfilled that THIS is the only thing about which to vent? :biggrin2:

Is the whole thread in a blue font and I have unknowingly gone colorblind? :eek2:

Oh, I get it now. Alabama basketball has induced some version of hysteria and depression leading to all this anger. :wink:

Last edited:

dave12

All-SEC
Dec 14, 2002
hueytown, al. usa
Easy there buddy cause we take our "American Football" seriously pal..Come to Bryant Denny, Tiger Stadium, Jordan Hare or any college & Pro stadiums when they're rocking during games before putting our sport down..

I don't like soccer, but, watching their fans enjoy themselves, I have a lot of respect for the game, same goes for rugby, their fans gets rowdy during games..Now speed skating, not so much, only thing it has going for itself, is looking at the female skaters wearing those tight uniforms, that's the only aspect of the sport I like..LOL

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
What can you expect from a guy who coaches a Gay Sport.:biggrin:

RTR

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I think we should compensate some of our stud athletes and let them put on skates. I guarantee that inside of 4 years we could win every speed skating race there is. The only problem is that roller derby and professional wrasslin are faaaaaaarrrrrrr more exciting.

Oh, and my grandfathers say "you're welcome" for your freedom!!!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think we should compensate some of our stud athletes and let them put on skates.
Sounds like a great idea, but it would have to be funded by sponsors beyond the current level of spend. The harsh reality is that the US can't spend money on every sport - or, at least, as much as it takes to develop a consistently winning program. Since the US wants to compete for medals in EVERY sport, even our huge spend on Olympic sports becomes seriously diluted. So we are forced to pick and choose where to focus our spending - and we spend more money on sports that are important to us and our citizens, and far less on sports like this.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I think we should compensate some of our stud athletes and let them put on skates. I guarantee that inside of 4 years we could win every speed skating race there is. The only problem is that roller derby and professional wrasslin are faaaaaaarrrrrrr more exciting.

Oh, and my grandfathers say "you're welcome" for your freedom!!!
Facepalm.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.