Cyrus K not starting off very good at combine.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I'm having trouble with the term "failed knee surgery". Could it have been such a terrible injury that the surgery was done as good as possible (James Andrews..Say no more) and he still was looking at being affected? In other words the surgery fixed it as best as possible?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I thought Fowler does the orthopedic surgeries for BAMA??? Or do we use Andrews now after the troubles with Prothro's surgery? I have had a couple of friends that are BAMA athletes that they would not have confidence in Fowler operating on them. Not trying to start a slam Fowler thread, just curious if the players can choose between Andrews and Fowler?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yah, good luck with that.

Surgical fixes never guarantee a 100% result - the waiver you sign explicitly notes that...
Well aware. My mom is an OR nurse for over 35 years.

Point being James Andrews has a very good reputation, so folks wouldn't expect an issue like this with one of his patients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Well aware. My mom is an OR nurse for over 35 years.

Point being James Andrews has a very good reputation, so folks wouldn't expect an issue like this with one of his patients.
Yah, sorry if that came off wrong - I posted that in support of your previous statement.

The reality is there are no guarantees with reparative surgery. Very hard to prove the results are due to poor action from the surgeon.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm having a second surgery on my right medial meniscus Wed. AM. In no way do I blame the less that hoped for result on my surgeon, who has an excellent reputation. It's just a problem joint, in many ways. I hope for a final good resolution, but it may not be possible...

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I've seen many references to Cyrus playing alongside his brother being a bad thing. Clearly there was going to be a drop off from Warmack. Otherwise, can someone explain what's being insinuated?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He probably got more put on his plate assignment-wise because the overall experience of the OL was much lower than the 2012 unit. He just didn't deliver consistently in 2013 and NFL LTs have even more put on their plate than in college...they're basically on an island and asked to win 1-on-1 against the best pass rusher every pass play.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'm having a second surgery on my right medial meniscus Wed. AM. In no way do I blame the less that hoped for result on my surgeon, who has an excellent reputation. It's just a problem joint, in many ways. I hope for a final good resolution, but it may not be possible...
good luck with that. is that just done with a scope? hopefully it will be a quick recovery

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Too many people confuse a bad outcome with a failure of some sort by the doctor. There can be many causes for a bad outcome in any medical procedure, and many/most are completely outside of the control of the physician.

Good luck with your procedure.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Too many people confuse a bad outcome with a failure of some sort by the doctor. There can be many causes for a bad outcome in any medical procedure, and many/most are completely outside of the control of the physician.

Good luck with your procedure.
True. There's a lot of arthritis in the joint, both of the osteo and gouty types. and thanks...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Yes, it's scoped...
Good luck on Wednesday Earle. Had my third scope on my left knee back in October (all three about 8 years apart). First two repaired the meniscus, the third removed. Also grade 3 arthritis now.

With some people (I believe CK had knee reconstruction due to torn ligaments), the knee function and mechanics never quite return to normal. This can lead to a wearing of the joint cartilage causing arthritis. Probably the case for CK.

shottistyeti

Scout Team
Dec 10, 2006
Yes, best wishes for a great outcome from me too. I've had both hips replaced and in the end they seem to be even better than my OE (even greater range of motion). I know, though, that knees are more complex.

Since you already have some experience, you probably already know this, but ...

Best advice: follow the recommendations for pre- and post-op exercise to the letter - every single rep! That seems to be the fastest route to recovery.

Again, good luck!

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Got up this morning and figured I'd watch a little bit of the OL and TE drills of the combine.

It's still very early of the combine but after the 40 yard dash (with emphasis on the first 10 yard time) and the first OL drill, he's been deemed the biggest disappointment. "Slow" is being tagged to his name along with "He'll struggle against speed rushers..." and "very tight hips".

I don't know whether staying another year would have made a difference but I hope CyKo isn't "that player" who was projected high then takes a big dive on draft day due to bad combine numbers. Hopefully he'll have a good rest of the combine and good pro days.
He could have used another season but I think he's a lot better (potentially) than what the combine drills suggest. He definitely can only get better and when he does, some team will be lucky to have him.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Good grief Earle, another surgery? Sorry to hear it and hope all goes well and that it is indeed a final and favorable resolution.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.