Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
They adjusted his 40 to 4.48
He had:
8 reps
33" vertical
121" broad jump
6.68 3-cone (tied for 4th highest of WR's)
4.32 20 yard shuttle
11.46 60 yard shuttle

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
Most experts thought he was in the 4.6-4.65 range. I saw him interviewed a few weeks back and he said, "I've never run a 40 that slow in my entire life". He proved it today. I can't find the overall results but I'd bet he did very well in the vertical and broad jumps, because he absolutely leaped over some people in his career. Mainly though, I think he'll impress teams because he comes across as mature and a leader, with high character. They like that.
Just checked NFL.com....

His vertical leap was 33" and his broad jump as 10' 1".....not bad

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Just checked NFL.com....

His vertical leap was 33" and his broad jump as 10' 1".....not bad
The 10"1 is very good. I would have thought he'd be a little higher on the vertical, but, then again, as you said, "not bad".
Not bad at all.
I think he may have worked his way into third or fourth round possibilities, which is way better than where he's been projected.
That's all he could hope for.
Job well done. Thanks for the info.
sip

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
How did the other Bama boys (besides AJ and Cyrus as I see separate threads about them) do at the combine?
Jessica, I'm not really sure which others are there. Possibly C.J.? Maybe Ha-Ha? I'm not sure about Hubbard.
Maybe those, "In the know", more than me, can help you.
I do know that the above mentioned haven't had their debut yet. Their positions are scheduled for tomorrow and Tuesday.
Somebody step up and help Jessica out.
Thanks
sip

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This is a very, VERY deep WR draft...so I don't know if this would give him the jump like some lighter WR class drafts. Still, I think he silenced some questions about his limitations. His tape is going to play well and the measurables aren't giving scouts much to hate.

I think he's solidly placed himself in the 3rd round territory...he'll be drafted by some team with early contribution in mind.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
There's still no way to measure heart. I've known Kevin had that quality since the first reception I saw. Same as CJ...whoever signs Kevin will have a VERY pleasant surprise!

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Jessica, I'm not really sure which others are there. Possibly C.J.? Maybe Ha-Ha? I'm not sure about Hubbard.
Maybe those, "In the know", more than me, can help you.
I do know that the above mentioned haven't had their debut yet. Their positions are scheduled for tomorrow and Tuesday.
Somebody step up and help Jessica out.
Thanks
sip
I thought I saw where several guys were going, but I thought it was over today. Whoops. :)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
This is a very, VERY deep WR draft...so I don't know if this would give him the jump like some lighter WR class drafts. Still, I think he silenced some questions about his limitations. His tape is going to play well and the measurables aren't giving scouts much to hate.

I think he's solidly placed himself in the 3rd round territory...he'll be drafted by some team with early contribution in mind.
I'm going to be truly disappointed if you're not correct. He's my man.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I've been a contrarian on Norwood at times, but I think he's a very good receiver who has the potential to have a very nice career in the NFL. That said, I think some of you are, frankly, naive about how brutal the NFL draft can be.

For example, there is no way you can convince me that Darius Hanks, Nikita Stover and Matt Caddell are WORSE than every receiver in the league. But they ain't playing on Sundays.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
norman is the prototype nfl medium range possession receiver. he is the manning, brees, McNally type receiver. I expect him to get a chance with a team that can benefit his skill set. maybe he can join green bay with lacy.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Unofficial, but so much for the average speed consensus. That time, by the way, is the same as Julio's was.
Congrats to Kevin. I think he's helped himself.
The way they adjust the times to be official, I'd guess his final official time will be around 4.42.
sip
IIRC, Julio ran with a broken bone in his foot.

Dakotatider

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
I thinking Kevin is going to be a steal for anyone drafting him. he is out passed top 10 for any pundit like Mayock or Kiper.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
For example, there is no way you can convince me that Darius Hanks, Nikita Stover and Matt Caddell are WORSE than every receiver in the league. But they ain't playing on Sundays.
Indeed, the NFL is a tough business. However, I think Norwood is head and shoulders above the players you mentioned. And I do agree, those receivers aren't worse then every receiver in the league.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
How did the other Bama boys (besides AJ and Cyrus as I see separate threads about them) do at the combine?
Have heard Cody Mandell punted well, possible late round pick. Biggest surprise was to hear many GM's have question on CJ's longevity due to medical exam. Info came from colleague who is at the combine who spoke with several GM's and met with multiple players and agents. Still thinks CJ goes 1st round but, could slip to late 1st round.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.